4 Posts

Catan: Cities & Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: two rules questions- roads and bishop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wyatt Bessing
msg tools
mb
Only one road, the initial road, was ever placed next to a city. Would I be allowed to move it using the diplomacy card? Also, when using the bishop,can iI leave the robber where it is and steal there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, it is an open road and can be moved.

2. No, you have to move the robber. The Almanac for the bishop card says, "Move the robber following the normal rules." The normal rules, from Settlers, say "You MUST move the robber immediately to the number token of any OTHER terrain hex (i.e. to any but the desert)". (emphasis mine on the all caps)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peapicker wrote:
1. Yes, it is an open road and can be moved.

2. No, you have to move the robber. The Almanac for the bishop card says, "Move the robber following the normal rules." The normal rules, from Settlers, say "You MUST move the robber immediately to the number token of any OTHER terrain hex (i.e. to any but the desert)". (emphasis mine on the all caps)
Small thing, but 4th edition Mayfair changed Settlers in where the robber can go back to the desert. May be the same thing for C&K Mayfair 4e

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may indeed place the robber on the desert: http://www.catan.com/faq/4646-seven-and-robber-may-i-move-ro...

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.