Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Hellboy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Hearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I've been poking around at making some custom cards and finally decided to post a set. I dislike cards that are blatantly overpowered, and apologize outright that these aren't play-tested. I just don't get around to playing much anymore, but really enjoy the creative process of making the cards. Therapeutic, I guess.

Anyway, I noticed someone had wish-listed a Hellboy set, so here's a start. They aren't perfect, but they're similar to the originals. Mega thanks to everyone in the creation forum for posting templates and such. Hope you like the cards, and it's okay if you don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Albertson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
As the person who requested Hellboy, I love these. I feel like these fit the character excellently, and am looking forward using them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Hellboy! More BPRD cards would be fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just made a post requesting these man. Thank you. These look awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the positive feedback! I'd love to hear how they play after you've ran them a few rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
One thing. On his rare card, have it be a + symbol not an * symbol next to the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beggars can't be choosers, but, in an ideal world, I'd prefer to have Mike Mignola artwork for all the Hellboy (and BPRD) cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Do any of these four cards have that guys artwork?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:

"That guy" is the creator of Hellboy and the BPRD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mignola

I believe the first ("Right Hand of Doom") and the third ("You Woke the Baby") cards are his artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
blush
DarthEd wrote:
bwick503 wrote:

"That guy" is the creator of Hellboy and the BPRD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mignola

I believe the first ("Right Hand of Doom") and the third ("You Woke the Baby") cards are his artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for working on Hellboy.

YOU WOKE THE BABY

Whoa! You made a card far better than Hulk's uncommon! You'd probably be hard pressed to find a better uncommon on the Base + Dark City set (the only ones I have right now).

Hulk's Crazed Rampage gives you 4 attack for 5 cost but comes with a global wound drawback.

Your card has no drawback. Actually it has a draw-happy single- and double-trigger combo that would make Wolverine blush.

Either make it 6-cost (and tame down the draw effects) and/or put some drawback in it. Drawing is great in this game, there are many cards that have no values at all because they have good draw effects.

Also, what's the thematic link for drawing?

Should it be Tech instead of Energy-based?

ANUNG UN RAMA

Oof...very strong too. At least it only chains with the uncommon, but then the uncommon is through the roof.

This one might only need a minor balance once you balance the uncommon, like making it a 5 attack (like Hulk) or a 9-cost or have some sort of trigger or draw one fewer card next turn or something.

CONCLUSION

The uncommon is the sore salient point here, and with a bit of work left, you got a pretty good set there.

I like how weird your uncommon is, which is exactly in theme with the unexpected. I was expecting another pow in-your-face common, and then I get something that forces you to focus recruit. Like pause the violence for some contemplation. Very samurai of him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.