Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reset turn order during first night phase after setting initial pyramids? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the impression that you randomize turn order before placing initial pyramids and then randomize it again during the first night phase (so the first person to set their starting pyramids isn't necessarily the first player).

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the rules don't say that you don't skip the first reset turn order phase.

However, I've always played it that you skip it (and don't reset turn order during the first night): my turn order position on the first turn will usually affect my choice of pyramids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not crystal clear on this, i.e., they don't explicitly say to skip the turn order. Here's what they do say.

Under Game Setup:
Quote:
For the first turn, the players choose the turn order randomly.
Then, each player, in turn order, chooses how to allocate 3 points among his pyramids, choosing either of the following combinations: 1 / 1 / 1 or 2 / 1 / 0.

Under Step 4 of the Night Phase it states after how to normally determine turn order:
Quote:
For the first turn, the turn order is randomly determined.

I read these together to mean skip step 4 of the night phase on the first turn. The first part mentions that the order for the turn is determined in a special way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, you are probably right. The "For the first turn" and "then" parts in the first quote seem to make it pretty clear that you set it once for the first turn prior to selecting pyramids. The second quote then would just be trying to re-enforce that.

If that is what was meant, it would have been more clear if it said "During setup, players choose the turn order randomly" and then "skip setting turn order during the first night phase".

If that's the case though, the other odd thing I guess is what is the value of the night phase coming first? Why not just have the players start with a little more cash and start with a day phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes,

Sean is totally right

The step 4 of the night phase is skipped on the first turn

Then player choose, respecting this ordre, the way they configure their starting pyramids

Hope it's clear

have fun..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.