Subject: Interest in misprints on BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was wondering if anyone on BGG is interested in MtG misprints and/or is a collector of MtG misprints. I came across a fairly unique misprint and was looking to sell it. I've searched around and found a few places where people were interested, but figured I'd try here as well.

The only other places I've tried were a misprint Facebook group and eBay, but if anyone knows of any other places that might be interested it would be greatly appreciated.

Essentially, it is an entire pre-constructed deck with a misprinted back. The deck is "Warrior's Code" from Morningtide (see below for card list). Each card in the 60 card deck has an off-center cut *and* upside down back, which is supposedly very rare (www.starcitygames.com/magic/finance/25176-Misprints.html).

(No clue why BGG decided to randomly rotate the picture)

Quote:
Lands
14 Forest
10 Mountain

Creatures
2 Ambassador Oak
1 Axegrinder Giant
1 Boldwyr Heavyweights
1 Boldwyr Intimidator
2 Bramblewood Paragon
3 Brighthearth Banneret
2 Changeling Berserker
2 Cloudcrown Oak
2 Elvish Warrior
2 Lunk Errant
2 Mudbutton Clanger
1 Unstoppable Ash
2 Winnower Patrol
Instants
1 Fistful of Force
1 Heal the Scars
2 Kindled Fury
2 Release the Ants

Sorceries
1 Incremental Growth
2 Recross the Paths
1 Roar of the Crowd

Artifacts
3 Obsidian Battle-Axe

Anyway, any information on where I might be able to sell it would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MTGmisprints/

Join the group. Post the picture. Choose an offer.

You're welcome.

I've already been there. ("Misprint Facebook group" I mentioned above)

Was just wondering if there is anything else. I got a few decent offers, but trying to find as many interested parties as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the MTG Reddit occasionally, and I seem to remember a subset of users being huge fans of misprints. I would check around there. There might even be a misprints Subreddit.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll find buyers easily. The people who are in to misprints are REALLY in to misprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious about what this ultimately sells for. Typically, the only misprints that go for real money are tournament-playable cards - a misprint is often seen as more pimp than any foil/alter. A misprint on some random junk card isn't worth more than a couple bucks because no one would actually play it. But an entire precon deck misprinted? That seems awfully unique and potentially desirable. But I really don't know that market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:
If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious about what this ultimately sells for. Typically, the only misprints that go for real money are tournament-playable cards - a misprint is often seen as more pimp than any foil/alter. A misprint on some random junk card isn't worth more than a couple bucks because no one would actually play it. But an entire precon deck misprinted? That seems awfully unique and potentially desirable. But I really don't know that market.

I've gotten quite a few offers already and I think I know its value (most of the people on that Facebook group who are long term misprint fans said $500 to $700 since each card should be worth around $10). I'm hoping on selling it within the week or two 'cause I could use some extra spending money at PAX East.

Yes, most misprints are around tournament legal cards as a way to "show off." Technically if you played this deck entire as-is it would be legal (since all card backs are the same and thus there are no "markings"). Either way I've done some searching for it and I haven't seen anything like it before so it also falls in the "show off to others as rare" category as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
Stexe wrote:
b a n j o wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MTGmisprints/

Join the group. Post the picture. Choose an offer.

You're welcome.

I've already been there. ("Misprint Facebook group" I mentioned above)

Was just wondering if there is anything else. I got a few decent offers, but trying to find as many interested parties as possible.

I passed this thread to one of my friends. He is going to log on here tomorrow, to talk to you.

Your friend never did send me a message... I'll be leaving for PAX East on Thursday morning. Was hoping to sell it before then... Any idea if he is still interested or what happened? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.