Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
What does the expansion symbol on the card being gold instead of the usual silver mean?

Also, I've noticed that the encounter cards for the 2nd through 6th adventure packs for Mirkwood don't show the card number next to the symbol like all the other encounter cards do. Makes it a tad annoying trying to make sure you have all the cards you're supposed to have for each encounter set. My Hunt for Gollum has the numbers (I.e. 1/29) as usual, but Carrock on thru Return don't have them. Is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SeanLuc wrote:
What does the expansion symbol on the card being gold instead of the usual silver mean?

This is new. The gold cards are what are used for an easier scenario. take out the others (unless I have that backward - my core sets didn't have these as they were introduced later).

Quote:
Also, I've noticed that the encounter cards for the 2nd through 6th adventure packs for Mirkwood don't show the card number next to the symbol like all the other encounter cards do. Makes it a tad annoying trying to make sure you have all the cards you're supposed to have for each encounter set. My Hunt for Gollum has the numbers (I.e. 1/29) as usual, but Carrock on thru Return don't have them. Is this normal?

It was added later for this very reason. So they can't go back and change what was already printed. Perhaps the next time they reprint them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first printings of the Mirkwood cycle did not include numbered encounter cards. It would appear that your pack of HfG is from a later printing, where they went and added them. The gold circle tells you to remove the card from the encounter deck if you are going to play easy mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This answers your questions: Easy Mode Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ahh crap, I was afraid i might have had a different printing of those APs... Ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.