BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to Auction 0-B
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171478/alexsrs-az-auctions...

Link to Auction C-E
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171585/alexsrs-az-auctions...

Link to Auction F-K
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171652/alexsrs-az-auctions...

Link to Auction L-P
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171735/alexsrs-az-auctions...

Thanks for bidding! If you'd like to be added to the early alert geekmail list, just let me know.

Alex
HB Avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the GeekList Auction Wiki...

Quote:
Creating a corresponding Geekbay topic

Now it's time to advertise the auction, so everyone interested can find it. Go to Forum -> Geekbay and

* post a new thread

Topic: put anything you like (good practice tip: in the title include the "auction" keyword as well as the region you're willing to ship the games to)

Body: provide a link to your Geeklist auction (good practice tip: add also all the games that you're auctioning, so everyone can see if it's worth clicking on the auction link; also, provide the end date/time of the auction) as well as anything that may convince bgg'ers to click on your auction and bid on the items.

Please limit the number of new threads you make in the GeekBay forum. It is preferred that you update information by responding to your existing thread and updating the thread title rather than making a new one. If you make too many new threads they may end up being deleted by a moderator.

Please don't spam GeekBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is he "Spamming" if it is 4 different auction? If any one is spamming it's you with posting this quote on everybody's posts.

Hugh_G_Rection wrote:

Quote:

Now it's time to advertise the auction, so everyone interested can find it. Go to Forum -> Geekbay and

* post a new thread

Topic: put anything you like (good practice tip: in the title include the "auction" keyword as well as the region you're willing to ship the games to)

Body: provide a link to your Geeklist auction (good practice tip: add also all the games that you're auctioning, so everyone can see if it's worth clicking on the auction link; also, provide the end date/time of the auction) as well as anything that may convince bgg'ers to click on your auction and bid on the items.

Please limit the number of new threads you make in the GeekBay forum. It is preferred that you update information by responding to your existing thread and updating the thread title rather than making a new one. If you make too many new threads they may end up being deleted by a moderator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:

Quote:

* post a new thread

Hugh,

Thanks for the post and your actions in general to help with the elimination of Spam from the geekbay. My auctions have always been a bit of a tricky one to work with, as in order to actually be able to put them up without spending 24 hours straight in front of a computer, I separate them into 6 parts, and post a new part every 3 days for the two weeks that the auction runs. The problem with that is that a lot of the people who frequent my auctions rely on the notification to see when the next part is up.
Because I don't want to overly spam both the geekbay nor the auction metalist where I also post, I specifically alter back and forth where I post the next auction, so that I'm only posting in each place 3 times for the 6 auction sections. Seeing as how most auctioneers seem to post twice for their auctions; a start and end warning; I thought that one extra post considering the size of my auctions, the six different links, and the 6 different starting times, would not fit the definition of spam.
Obviously public opinion on the matter can be split, since ultimately those that browse my auctions will want the warning, vs those that don't won't, but I can say that enough people have asked me to post each section in both places (in other words 12 total posts) so that they don't miss anything, that I feel certain that enough people are interested that this isn't spam. To accommodate those, I started a geekmail list as well, to ensure that anyone who really wants to make sure they get notified, will have that option.
Obviously if at any point the mods decide this is spam and ask me to stop, or limit it to two or anything else, then I will 100% comply with their wishes, but for right now I just wanted to explain to yourself; or anyone else with a similar concern; why there are 3 posts for each of my auctions.

Thanks,
Alex
HB Avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's fine.

Your actions are so massive that splitting them makes it easier on you and on us. Releasing them as you have every couple of days seems just right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the sentence following the bolded one. It says:

Quote:
"It is preferred that you update information by responding to your existing thread and updating the thread title rather than making a new one."

If people are intent on knowing about your subsequent auction parts, why don't they subscribe to your initial posting and get updates from that, as the rules suggest?

Taking away the abundant size of your auctions, what is really differentiating yours vs the others that do the "Lookee here, new items added" thing over and over? You're just adding the new items in a different GeekList container.

If the admins are fine with your method of posting, cool. I still think it's important to discuss the GeekBay rules publicly, since observation of GeekBay postings shows that most auction posters are mimicking what they see others doing.

Good luck with your auctions. I don't envy all the shipping you're gonna have to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:

Quote:
"It is preferred that you update information by responding to your existing thread and updating the thread title rather than making a new one."

If people are intent on knowing about your subsequent auction parts, why don't they subscribe to your initial posting and get updates from that, as the rules suggest?

Taking away the abundant size of your auctions, what is really differentiating yours vs the others that do the "Lookee here, new items added" thing over and over? You're just adding the new items in a different GeekList container.

If the admins are fine with your method of posting, cool. I still think it's important to discuss the GeekBay rules publicly, since observation of GeekBay postings shows that most auction posters are mimicking what they see others doing.

Good luck with your auctions. I don't envy all the shipping you're gonna have to do.

How bout you STOP policing the posts and let the Admin do there jobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:

Quote:

Hugh,

I 100% agree with your note about discussing the rules publicly, which is why I responded in the first place. That being said, if you don't see the difference between someone posting 3 times for 25 items, versus posting 3 times for nearly 1000 items over 6 geeklists and 2 weeks, then I think we can agree to disagree. If you really do feel what I'm doing consists of spam, by all means check with one of the admins to see whether they'd like to disallow it. I won't take it as an attack or any such thing, I agree that we should all be following a set of rules, and I would not want to be violating neither the letter nor the spirit of the law.

Thanks again,
Alex
HB Avatar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.