Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Triangle Area
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I really like this game. My favorite part is building up your characters. I like that it has a very intense campaign mode. The only problem is that sometimes me and my wife get too competitive when playing. Don't get me wrong we really love the game and plan to keep investing in it.

But I was wondering if there was a similar cooperative game out there. That was some kind of Board/RPG game With a similar character development mechanic.

We have mage knight and like it, But it doesn't give me that campaign feeling that I like. Play for hours build up your character and then it is just over.

Any game suggestions would be great thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Nurse
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Claustrophobia might fit the bill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics has a bit of a campaign mode.

Myth doesn't have much of a campaign mode, and the rules are getting a much needed overhaul, but it has a neat free form style of play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
World of Warcraft: The Boardgame has excellent character development. Although it doesn't provide an official campaign, it's long enough of a game to make it feel very much like a campaign, especially with the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really liking the Descent Game Night Kit that just came out, changes the game into a true co-op, and is an epic dungeon crawl in one night (about 3 hour game). It does not however continue into an extended campaign. So if you want an even longer campaign, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Does it need to be fantasy? If you're willing to extend into Sci-Fi, there is Gears of War: The Board Game, a fantastic co-op but sadly no campaign system. Also, there's Galaxy Defenders, another true co-op and this one does have a campaign system. While I haven it, I haven't had a chance to play it yet but it's gotten great reviews.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyber Puncur
Poland
flag msg tools
D&D Adventure System Games (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, Legend of Drizzt). There is a simple variant for a campaign play. Full cooperation, lots of miniatures, good price, some nice fan made content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that neither Claustrophobia nor WoW: TBG are co-operative, though I understand WoW does have a decent unofficial co-op variant that can be found in the game's forums (its other downside is that it is long out of print).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might like Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, which is primarily an extended campaign and fully cooperative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
timlillig wrote:
You might like Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, which is primarily an extended campaign and fully cooperative.

+1

I think PACG fits your bill. Extended campaign with characters that develop in multiple ways: equipment improvement, stat improvement, and new skills / abilities. No "moving miniatures on a board" element, but plays quite well without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Triangle Area
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will look into PACG. Sounds like that might work. No board is not a bad thing because I have Descent for that feel. Maybe get a d&d board game for non campaign rpg feel but cooperative with a board, then have PACG for a campaign rpg feel cooperative no board and I will still have descent for a non cooperative rpg feel with a board. Seams like all bases would be covered.

What u think.

Also what are game night rules. Saw it in a thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.