Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see lots of contests here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1247285/boardgamegeek/spo... for upcoming games and was wondering if GMT is considering doing one for this game. It might be a good way to get some buzz going as well as the prospect for gamers to get free lewtz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
It might be a good way to get some buzz going . . .

In the world of wargames, the bees don't get much busier or louder than this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw that. But why settle for 1527?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

Already hosted by me at CincyCon 2014 (March 21-23). Jay Volk and I who are playtesters for FITL are looking possibly into doing some COIN (including FITL) at Origins in Columbus, Ohio in June, and I'm considering whether to do some at GenCon in Indianapolis in August. Plus I plan to bring my FITL playtest set to my 40th Reunion at Carleton College (Northfield, MN) in mid-June as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
I see lots of contests here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1247285/boardgamegeek/spo... for upcoming games and was wondering if GMT is considering doing one for this game. It might be a good way to get some buzz going as well as the prospect for gamers to get free lewtz. :)

Hi Scott. I don't know much about these contests. I take it that the publishers sponsor them. Do you know if GMT has ever done any of these?

Thanks for the idea.... vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
I don't know much about these contests. I take it that the publishers sponsor them. Do you know if GMT has ever done any of these?

All I know is that these contests appear on BGG promotions, you get a quiz of about five questions to answer about the game, correct answers equal an entry, and then they announce a winner. You learn quite a bit about a game this way, so its a good way to get it in people's heads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.