Subject: Three card match Spot It! variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tropical C
United States
San Francisco
On
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Raising GamersMicrobadge: Takenoko fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
My husband came up with this variant to make the game a little harder:

Flip over three cards, and the first person to find all the matches between the three cards calls them out and takes the cards. The one with the most cards at the end of the game wins.

Try this with four cards instead. Find all matches between the four cards for a total of 6 matches for an ever greater challenge. We didn't try this as the 3 card version was challenging enough for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
Carmel
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Photosynthesis fanMicrobadge: PhotosynthesisMicrobadge: Photosynthesis fanMicrobadge: Photosynthesis fan
Wow, that sounds really tough! How long did this way take to play? Did you go through the whole deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Modern abstract games fanMicrobadge: Vegan
Dang, I'm curious to try this, but our set is loaned out to someone...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG poster
A bit late I know.... but....

Surely there is a chance that not all 3 cards will all include the same icon on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Modern abstract games fanMicrobadge: Vegan
godthedj wrote:
A bit late I know.... but....

Surely there is a chance that not all 3 cards will all include the same icon on them?
It doesn't matter whether the 3 cards all include the same icon. The point is to identify the common icon between cards A & B, and the common icon between cards B & C, and the common icon between cards A & C. Those 3 may or may not happen to be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petter Ilander
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Set fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Realm of wonder fan - Yeti is so fluffy that I'm gonna die!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Crokinole fan
We play like this:
One card in the center, each player has one or more cards in front of themselves. The more skilled the player, the more cards (3 is a pretty good max number). First player to have found a match between all own cards and center card calls out and wins the center card.

Me with 3 cards against my 4-year-old with 1 card makes a pretty tight game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls