Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
If Scheherazade gets trashed by the Corp, do all of the programs hosted on it also get trashed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. This is also correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Maier
msg tools
Yes, everything is trashed.
This is the downside of Scheherazade.

Plus it does not work with some cards that use the hosting mechanic, for example Parasite and most Caissa (all but Pawn)...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have some GG for including the card in your rules question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scheele
Germany
Lüneburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toobiased wrote:
[...] for example Parasite and most Caissa (all but Pawn)...

ninja

What? Of course Caissa work with Sheherazade. Install Sheherazade, install any Caissa (inside Sheherazade) and cash your credit. Then use the Caissa Click ability to host it on some ICE. There is nothing keeping my Caissa on or off Sheherazade.
I combine it with Deep Red, install a Caissa in Sheherazade and use Deep Red to immediately use the click ability. One free credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
DaveS wrote:
Toobiased wrote:

:ninja:

What? Of course Caissa work with Sheherazade. Install Sheherazade, install any Caissa (inside Sheherazade) and cash your credit. Then use the Caissa Click ability to host it on some ICE. There is nothing keeping my Caissa on or off Sheherazade.
I combine it with Deep Red, install a Caissa in Sheherazade and use Deep Red to immediately use the click ability. One free credit.

Unfortunately this only works with Pawn. All other Caissas get "stuck" on Scheheradze because they now are already hosted and cannot fulfill their movement conditions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveS wrote:
Toobiased wrote:

ninja

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's not correct. I agree that it should work that way, but it simply doesn't. Here's the thread with the ruling from Lucas:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14238974

The problem arises from the fact that once you install a Caissa program on Sheherazade, that program is now hosted on Sheherazade. If you read the text of the Caissa programs closely, you can only move them off of hosted ICE. Once you install them on Sheherazade they become trapped there by their own card text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scheele
Germany
Lüneburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:

Unfortunately this only works with Pawn. All other Caissas get "stuck" on Scheheradze because they now are already hosted and cannot fulfill their movement conditions

radynski wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but that's not correct. I agree that it should work that way, but it simply doesn't. Here's the thread with the ruling from Lucas:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14238974

The problem arises from the fact that once you install a Caissa program on Sheherazade, that program is now hosted on Sheherazade. If you read the text of the Caissa programs closely, you can only move them off of hosted ICE. Once you install them on Sheherazade they become trapped there by their own card text.

whelp, I don't see any application for Sheherazade at this moment then. I though she was specifically designed to work with the caissa because they can "jump around". Every other program inside Sheherazade is just setting up for a one program trash complete HDD wipe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveS wrote:
I thought she was specifically designed to work with the caissa because they can "jump around".

Yeah, me too. I was definitely disappointed by the ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveS wrote:
whelp, I don't see any application for Sheherazade at this moment then. I though she was specifically designed to work with the caissa because they can "jump around". Every other program inside Sheherazade is just setting up for a one program trash complete HDD wipe.

Tell me about it!

With that said, Scheherazade still has its uses- for example, if you're going to cycle through a lot of programs (which happens in some archetypes, for example Shaper could put SMC on it, then Sharpshooter, sac shooter for Archer, get it back with Clone Chip, and so on and so forth; or Noise could put virus on it, mill, sac for Aesop's...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Recurring Faeries still like Schehereherezade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.