Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Simultaneous Fire and Biggs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this came up in a recent game I played at a store championship. They were flying Han, Rookie Pilot, Wedge w/ swarm, so all PS9, and they had initiative. I had Wedge with swarm and biggs. I swarmed biggs, they swarmed the rookie. Han fired and damaged biggs, wedge finished him off. Due to simultaneous fire, is biggs still considered on the board and therefore the rookie has to fire at biggs, even though he is dead? Or is biggs considered dead and off the board and the rookie can fire on whoever? I have another few tournaments coming up and wanted to get opinions

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's considered still on the board and all his abilities are active until that Pilot Skill level has been completed. So yes, the Rookie should still have to fire at Biggs even though he's already dead. At least, I think so

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Q: When a ship would be destroyed, but remains in play because of the Simultaneous Attack Rule, are that ship’s effects still active in the game?

A: Yes. Any effects related to that ship are still active until that ship is removed from the play area.

So yep, he is still there and effective until after his attack. He could be hit by a critical damage that kills off his ability tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.