Subject: Board in Palmy? Board Game Event July 5th-6th 2014 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Manning
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
After helping with a successful ‘Board Games by the Bay’ event in Palmerston North last year, my partner and I are keen for another great turn out at a gaming event in Palmerston North. As many of you know David and Angie the organisers of ‘Board Games by the Bay’ have enjoyed a new expansion to their family, which has made committing to another event this far south this year out of their scope.

Not willing to let this year pass by without another public gaming weekend, we've decided to grab the turn marker and organise ‘Board in Palmy?’ to hopefully build on the great turn out from last years event and help gaming grow nationwide in New Zealand.

- Alastair Manning and co.

When: July 5th - 6th 2014
Where: Palmerston North Bridge Club (same location as last year)
Cost: $10 for a day or $15 for the weekend.

For full details and to buy tickets visit www.boardinpalmy.co.nz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ceedee doyle
New Zealand
Wellington
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't forget Wellycon is also coming up - Queens Birthday weekend - 31 May/1 Jun.

2 days of gaming goodness. You can sign up now on www.wellycon.org.nz
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtanvarnoCollindion wrote:
After helping with a successful ‘Board Games by the Bay’ event in Palmerston North last year, my partner and I are keen for another great turn out at a gaming event in Palmerston North. As many of you know David and Angie the organisers of ‘Board Games by the Bay’ have enjoyed a new expansion to their family, which has made committing to another event this far south this year out of their scope.

Not willing to let this year pass by without another public gaming weekend, we've decided to grab the turn marker and organise ‘Board in Palmy?’ to hopefully build on the great turn out from last years event and help gaming grow nationwide in New Zealand.

- Alastair Manning and co.

When: July 5th - 6th 2014
Where: Palmerston North Bridge Club (same location as last year)
Cost: $10 for a day or $15 for the weekend.

For full details and to buy tickets visit www.boardinpalmy.co.nz

And for the BGBTB regulars...

Quote:
If you want to be part of the biggest board game events in New Zealand, you're in luck - tickets for Board Games By The Bay are now on sale for all THREE of our events in 2014!

Once again, we’ll have an extensive games library, prizes, games for sale at below internet prices, and we’re also keen to plug local groups – so if you’re part of one, send us the group’s details and we’ll provide them to gamers on the weekend.

Auckland (May) will again have a live math trade, which was hugely successful in 2013. Auckland (November) will again have Android: Netrunner and Star Wars: X-Wing tournaments - tickets for these additional events will be available soon.

Each gaming weekend runs for 20 hours: 10am-10pm on the Saturday, and 10am-6pm on the Sunday!

Award-winning designer Martin Wallace has confirmed his appearance at the first Auckland event and the Hamilton event. He’ll be playtesting his latest prototypes and will be keen to have gamers test his designs.

Day Pass: $10
Pre-order Weekend Pass: $15 (save $5) [pre-order expires May 9th]
Pre-order 3 Events: $40 (save $20) [pre-order expires May 9th]

Event dates are as follows:
Auckland (May 24-25)
Hamilton (August 30-31)
Auckland (November 22-23)

Board Games By The Bay was established in 2011 and has since run 10 gaming weekends around the North Island. More than 500 gamers attended a BGBTB event in 2013.

For further details, and to pre-order tickets, go to the official BGBTB website: http://boardgamesbythebay.org.nz/

Guild linky: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158034/bgbtb-2014-tickets-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Manning
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
Just over 6 weeks to go. Have you got your ticket?

Remember the cheaper weekend discount is only available by pre booking.
The more pre booked people we have the more prizes we can offer and everyone likes prizes.

For all the info and to book tickets visit www.boardinpalmy.co.nz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in palmy for four weeks from about the 30th and will definatley try to come to at least the Sunday.
It really does depend on my schedule though.... hopefully I can wing it & find transport.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Manning
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
That's great to hear. Hope your schedule and transport all work and you're able to make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Manning
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
Two weeks to go now.

We've got mobile eftpos all sorted for any door sales and of course the all important store purchases.

Your ability to purchase that game you want is now that much easier.

The question still remains do we know you're coming? Have you pre-booked your ticket?

Alastair
Board in Palmy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Manning
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
“Board in Palmy?” is only a week away and we’re all excited! If you still have to buy your tickets you have until Friday at 7pm to get the preorder website pricing. After that the website tickets will be taken down and tickets will only be available at the door at $10 a day.

Remember the more pre orders we get then the more money we have in advance to get prizes with and everyone loves winning free stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing a great job of hosting, Alastair. I'd also like to thank everyone that took the time to teach me a new game.

The venue was excellent, there were plenty of games to choose from and most importantly there were plenty of people to play with. When I returned home I was asked if I had won anything and I realised that I hadn't won a single game. The fact that I hadn't even noticed was evidence of a good time (and further proof that I'm not very good at games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Thredgold
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there'll be a Board in Palmy 2015. It was such a good event this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Manning
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys for the positive words. Glad you enjoyed yourselves and that it didn't matter that you didn't win a game

We certainly feel it was a success in our eyes with 65 people over the two days.

We haven't made any decisions on next year just yet but will certainly let people know once we decide.

Alastair

Board in Palmy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.