Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone
This is the first time that I play 7 wonders. I have a question
Example: my city can only produces 1 stone from Wonder board and 1 wood from 1 brown card. My neighboring player want to build a structure requiring 2 stones and 1 wood but her city can not produce 2 resources (stone and wood).She decides to buy resources from my city, but my city produces only 1stone and 1 wood (her need is 2 stones and wood). Can I sell my resources to her? Can her pay 6 coins for purchasing resources and building structure in this turn?
Another question, I can puschase resources from my neighboring city after I look in cards and choose a card to play this turn, is it right?
Thank for your helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So let me get this straight.

player A needs 2 stone, 1 wood to build something, and they don't have any of these themselves. Assume that the other neighbour cannot help either.

Play B has 1 stone, 1 wood. Player A therefore CANNOT build the card or wonder they want because they don't have the required resources between themselves and their immediate neighbours.

As for your other question, yes, you look at your hand, choose a card to build (or bury under a wonder), then when you reveal simultaneously, at that point you can pay for your neighbours' resources. Note that you must have the coins required and your neighbours must have those resources available BEFORE you reveal. ie: any coins earned or cards built are not available for use that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She can buy 1 stone and 1 wood from you but if she can't get the 2nd stone from the other neighbor, she can't build her building
You can only buy from cards that were already with neighbor that turn, not from cards that he is playing now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukeu666 wrote:
You can only buy from cards that were already with neighbor that turn, not from cards that he is playing now

Are you sure about that? The rule book clearly states that you may only spend coin you had at the start of the turn, but I don't recall seeing anything about only being able to use resource cards present at the start of the turn.

I've always played that you can use recently played resources. For instance, I could build a Caravansery when my left neighbor has two wood available. At the same time my right neighbor plays a Sawmill, and I have an East Trading Post. The way we play, I could choose to pay my right neighbor 2 instead of paying my left neighbor 4.

This does lead to a situation where someone could gamble that they will have the ability to build something. We play that if such a gamble fails, you are forced to sell instead of build, but that rarely occurs in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Irvine
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
StrykerJ wrote:
[q="nukeu666"]
I've always played that you can use recently played resources. For instance, I could build a Caravansery when my left neighbor has two wood available. At the same time my right neighbor plays a Sawmill, and I have an East Trading Post. The way we play, I could choose to pay my right neighbor 2 instead of paying my left neighbor 4.

This does lead to a situation where someone could gamble that they will have the ability to build something. We play that if such a gamble fails, you are forced to sell instead of build, but that rarely occurs in my experience.

This seems problematic to me, whatever the rulebook says. Specifically, if we assume that we can buy resources played on that turn, it assumes that we didn't decided exactly how we were going to pay for something before we chose to play it.

That means that when we actually go to build and pay for our structures (i.e., cards we're putting down), it's not defined (even in our own minds) how we intend to pay. If I have a choice about how to pay to build something, I may care about giving a coin to my left neighbor vs. my right -- maybe I prefer to give pay the one that pays me this turn.

So how do you decide, in that case, who decides to pay whom when? If the decision about how to buy something isn't fixed before cards are actually laid down and paid for (even if only fixed in the players' minds), I think you're opening up a can of worms...

...if you even care about this sort of stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt wrote:
Are you sure about that? The rule book clearly states that you may only spend coin you had at the start of the turn, but I don't recall seeing anything about only being able to use resource cards present at the start of the turn.

Yes, Karan is definitely right. You don't have access to resources that were played during the same round.

It's not explicitly mentioned in the rules, but it's just a logical deduction: Since all players play one card simultaneously in "7 Wonders" each game round, there is no way any player can have the privilege to select where he/she's buying from after the others have laid down their card.

So, sorry: No gambling allowed during the construction of "7 Wonders"-Buildings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StrykerJ wrote:

Actions are supposed to be simultaneous. So the basic reason this isn't in the spirit of the rules is that the opponent shouldn't ever have their new resource "before" you build your building.

There are probably also situations where two players both want to go "after" each other, especially if they're competing for first place. In fact, if we assume everyone is playing to win, you should almost always want to go "last".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.