BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: First Time Painting Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Martinez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello.. this is my first time painting miniatures and i am gonna be painting the Dreadfleet set... i got vallejo and p3 paint and primer.. What do i use on the miniatures after i am done painting them? Is there a clear coat or some kind of protection to put on them.... or do you just paint them and that's it.

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, go to any old store, hardware, or walmart, or anywhere that carries spray paint.

Buy a can of glossy clear enamel. It will be easy to spot as it's cap will be mostly translucent.

If you don't want your minis to be that shiny, also buy a semi-gloss or matte finish.

Spray the glossy on first since it will give you more protection for your paint job.

If you want it less shiny, apply a coat of the matte over that, once it's dry.

You'll know when it's time to reapply the gloss, because your model will be getting shiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a clear acrylic floor polish like this page discusses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pack
United States
flag msg tools
My brother uses glossy clear enamel from Lowe's and it works like a charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like matte coat better than shiny clear coat finish. Shiny is good for effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.