8 Posts

Summoner Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: List of Errata Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
I occasionally read in SW forums that some cards get changed when the Plaid Hat Games guys consider them as broken. (For example one of the guild dwarve champions I guess)
As I want to countercheck if my current cards are all up to date I wanted to ask if there is somewhere a clean listing of all cards that were changed and what was actually changed. I haven't been able to find a list like that anywhere on the internet :-(
There is an official FAQ but nothing about cards errata there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
The only card that has actually been fundamentally changed was Thorkur (sp?) for the Guild Dwarves.

All other changes were to clarify language and bring several Phoenix Elves cards in line with the description structure and language that was laid out in later expansions/the master set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PHG has a general policy of trying to never errata cards unless there's a fundamental game balance need. As such, the only truly errata'ed card was Thorkur, which happened early in the game's life and all printed versions for the last 3 years are the correct one. FYI, it was a minor textual errata, limiting his Ability to once per turn so that a really cheesy abuse strategy wouldn't work.

As JBMoby mentioned, there aren't any other errata besides minor Phoenix Elf rewording to be consistent. I don't think there have been any card changes outside of those 2 factions, and they were among the first four factions released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuerbis Jacob
Germany
Freising
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you own the German starter sets there are some translation errors.

I can provide a list of corrections or you just check the cards at the PHG web page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you all for your replies. Ok so it seems to be a small problem.

@KuerbisJacob I would like to have that list of translation errors as my PE vs TO Starter Set is German (I already found one on the PE-Summoner where you can choose your target two straight lines away instead of two CLEAR straight lines away) and some of my friends have stand alone fractions in German (like FK) and some of the units had different stats than the english versions! We thought that were corrections due to balancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuerbis Jacob
Germany
Freising
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding the FK, Uhrwerk has provided corrected cards in the past.

You should ask them if they still send these. Here is the corresponding link to their forum:
http://community.uhrwerk-verlag.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=0f5c2...

I will provide my corrections for PE, TO, CG, and GD this evening when I'm at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuerbis Jacob
Germany
Freising
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PE
1) Der Geist des Phönix und Wächter
Präzise: [...] Lege diese Anzahl von Wundmarkern auf die angegriffene Einheit.

2) Krieger (minor thing)
Wenn sich dieser Krieger [...], kannst du diesen Krieger in Nachbarschaft [...]

3) Bogenschütze (minor thing)
Wenn du mit diesem Bogenschützen angreifst, [...]

4) Maelena
[...] platziere zusätzlich zu den durch den Angriff verursachten Wundenmarkern einen weiteren Wundenmarker auf der angegriffenen Karte.

5) Elien / Bogenschütze
Klare, gerade Linie

6) Magieentzug (minor thing)
[...] nehme bis zu zwei der obersten Karten vom Magiestapel [...]

TO
1) Krieger (minor thing)
füge "dieser" vor jedem Krieger ein.

2) Zerschmetterer
Wenn dieser Zerschmetterer angegriffen wird, zähle die Anzahl der zu würfelnden Würfel anstatt zu würfeln. Platziere diese Anzahl als Wundenmarker auf diesem Zerschmetterer.

3) Ragnor (minor thing)
[...] und ein weiteres mal mit Ragnor angreifen.

For GD / SG see http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?1345-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.