Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Video rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey, I just wanted to let you know I've started publishing the videos about Myth I've been shooting. They're rules videos, not gameplay, but there will be some gameplay in the next ones to show the rules better.
Hopefully you enjoy them, and please keep in mind English is my second language...

Here's the link to the Intro video
http://youtu.be/aPsmOng-CBw

Game structure video
http://youtu.be/YuZXPQE5zk8

And Quests and treasures video
http://youtu.be/Tj_a2wsHdgQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These videos will not play and if I click on the YouTube link they do not seem to exist. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Links to videos are not working for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why the videos don't work, so I added the links to youtube over each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Horsen
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Wasn't working for me either, but I removed the &feature=youtu.be from the url when I clicked through and it fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Remi! I enjoyed these vids. Clear and concise and well thought out

I would recommend these to anyone learning the game from scratch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I was thinking about doing some of these, but you seem much more qualified...

Plus, I haven't really done any videos before either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG Tip: When inserting YouTube videos into posts, only enter the code for the video itself, NOT the url. So, for your first video, you should only enter "aPsmOng-CBw" in the YouTube link box.

Example:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
BGG Tip: When inserting YouTube videos into posts, only enter the code for the video itself, NOT the url. So, for your first video, you should only enter "aPsmOng-CBw" in the YouTube link box.

Example:

Cool, thanks, I'll fix them in the first post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work on them so far. Your English on them is fine and definitely can understand everything you were saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome videos! Thank you so much for making these. Your English is excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
On a quick note if you could put them in the videos section of myth that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Remi -

Big thanks for this! It's great to see someone's efforts/energy go into making a positive impact on the community. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the good words!

I'll try to add them to the video section on BGG tonight.

Also, tonight, the next 3 videos should be published. They're taking forever to upload to youtube. I'm changing ISP in 1 week and won't benefit from my new upload speed for these.
They'll cover the 3 phases of play (they're longer though...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New videos are up!

This time it's all about gameplay

Hero cycle

Darkness cyle

Deck and Refresh phases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great videos, Remi. These really help to clarify things.

Quick question: in video 4 (hero cycle), when you played Vision of the Mark and Kharon's Payment, would you have to have used an arrow from your quiver (previously played in a different hero cycle, then added to the quiver during the deck refresh phase) to act as the ammo for Kharon's Payment?

Haven't had a chance to watch the deck and refresh phase video, so you may have answered it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bat395 wrote:
Great videos, Remi. These really help to clarify things.

Quick question: in video 4 (hero cycle), when you played Vision of the Mark and Kharon's Payment, would you have to have used an arrow from your quiver (previously played in a different hero cycle, then added to the quiver during the deck refresh phase) to act as the ammo for Kharon's Payment?

Haven't had a chance to watch the deck and refresh phase video, so you may have answered it there.

Yes, you'd need to use an arrow from your quiver. There is more than one wayto put one there though (previous cycle arrow from hero board, from discard with retrieve, from endless quiver, etc)

I don't talk about arrows and the quiver in the deck phase video because it's very specific to the Archer.

I'm currently rounding up questions I have about hero cards so I can ask Brian before I record the hero decks videos. I'll use those to talk about hero specific mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep up the good work. I've been referring people to your videos to get a foothold in MYTH. Much appreciated to hopefully stem and turn the tide of negativity towards the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Remi

You are spoiling us!

Just curious here:

1) How much work goes into making these videos?
2) What software do you use to insert the cards and graphics?
3) For every minute of produced video we see, how many minutes of additional work is required?

Looking forward to the next installments. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Remi

You are spoiling us!

Just curious here:

3) For every minute of produced video we see, how many minutes of additional work is required?

Sorry for the delay, I've been at work on the next videos and haven't seen your questions.

1. It is indeed harder than it looks. I spent 1 evening working on the lighting, since I don't own any equipment made specifically for that. So all free standing lamps are now in my basement, along with construction spots!
I also had to do some sound testing since I bought a mic just for these and had to figure out the distance and volume.
Then I spent 3 evenings planning things out and collecting pieces of rules from the rule book and around the forums here and at LandsofMyth.com.
Then I shot the first 6 videos in about 10 hours on 2 different days. I'd say the editing of the first 3 videos was tedious, but I was learning the software and facing the difficulties of having so many different takes because I was making a lot of linguistic mistakes in the first ones, again, English is my second language.

2. I do the video editing in iMovie 10, and use Photoshop Elements 12 to prepare the images I insert in the videos.

3. Hard to answer. The first 3 videos, I'd say about 20 minutes per minute in the videos (really, it was ridiculous).
The next 3 videos were better, I'd say about 7-8 minutes per minute.
The following 4 videos (coming out tonight) were a bit different because I wanted to have feeds from 2 cams, but own only one, so I shot the first one with the sound, and then shot the second one using the first edited video as reference. So for those I'd say 12-15 minutes per minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, so here are the next 4 videos. It's a gameplay example with the Acolyte and the Brigand going though a 12x12 tile.

I'm trying to show a lot of the rules I explained in the previous videos and add a couple I forgot to include.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Thanks again to everyone who commented or subscribed to the channel. I already have a couple of ideas for the next ones, but if you'd like to see something specific, feel free to ask!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:
Remi

You are spoiling us!

Just curious here:

Sorry for the delay, I've been at work on the next videos and haven't seen your questions.

1. It is indeed harder than it looks. I spent 1 evening working on the lighting, since I don't own any equipment made specifically for that. So all free standing lamps are now in my basement, along with construction spots!
I also had to do some sound testing since I bought a mic just for these and had to figure out the distance and volume.
Then I spent 3 evenings planning things out and collecting pieces of rules from the rule book and around the forums here and at LandsofMyth.com.
Then I shot the first 6 videos in about 10 hours on 2 different days. I'd say the editing of the first 3 videos was tedious, but I was learning the software and facing the difficulties of having so many different takes because I was making a lot of linguistic mistakes in the first ones, again, English is my second language.

2. I do the video editing in iMovie 10, and use Photoshop Elements 12 to prepare the images I insert in the videos.

3. Hard to answer. The first 3 videos, I'd say about 20 minutes per minute in the videos (really, it was ridiculous).
The next 3 videos were better, I'd say about 7-8 minutes per minute.
The following 4 videos (coming out tonight) were a bit different because I wanted to have feeds from 2 cams, but own only one, so I shot the first one with the sound, and then shot the second one using the first edited video as reference. So for those I'd say 12-15 minutes per minute.

Remi - All I can say is THANK YOU, SIR!cool

I knew this was a labor of love, but you've gone beyond on this one. The personal time invested here is huge! I very much appreciate what you're doing here. I hope the folks at McG take notice as you're doing the community a great service here. Well done, Remi! thumbsup

A tip doesn't seem to do justice to what you've done/doing here, but the gesture seems more than appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the excellent run through on this tile Remi!

Explanation was clear and not bogged down. You kept it moving but did not leave out any pertinent info.

One thing I wondered about. Does removing Lucy's web token create some crawlers? I can't remember if that was an old rule or if it exists still.

Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F0rmally Kn0wn As wrote:

Explanation was clear and not bogged down. You kept it moving but did not leave out any pertinent info.

One thing I wondered about. Does removing Lucy's web token create some crawlers? I can't remember if that was an old rule or if it exists still.

Great work!

Good question, I haven't seen anything about that, but I think there's a quest that has that element and it's mentioned on the quest card, I'll have a look tonight and write what I find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
F0rmally Kn0wn As wrote:

Great work!

Good question, I haven't seen anything about that, but I think there's a quest that has that element and it's mentioned on the quest card, I'll have a look tonight and write what I find.

Yeah, I think spawning crawlers from removing web tokens is specific to "The Weaver's Need" quest.

Remi, you mentioned in your Darkness Cycle video that Lairs do not block Line of Sight from monsters of the same type. Do you recall where you saw that? I couldn't find that in the rulebook or in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.