Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve read that London on Board have a weekend gaming break at a hotel in Eastbourne occasionally. That sounds great and would love to attend something like that over the course of a weekend. Are there any other clubs that have this sort of thing happening? It would be more attractive if the location was at a nice seaside town or just a good place for visiting in general. I would like it preferably to be a meet-up where all sorts of games were played not just specific to war gaming for instance. Also a large attendance would be nice.

Does anyone know when the next Eastbourne trip is and would there be spaces available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
There are many conventions at a variety of places throughout the UK.

This: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the-labyrinth/games/calendar-20...

Is one of the most complete lists I've found and will link you to most of the information sites for the related cons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darke wrote:
There are many conventions at a variety of places throughout the UK.

This: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the-labyrinth/games/calendar-20...

Is one of the most complete lists I've found and will link you to most of the information sites for the related cons

This is an excellent and comprehensive list, the only event I know of that is missing is Bouncecon, but it's nearly impossible to register for this small con before it's full as previous attendees have priority.

I thought some context might help.

The biggest events are MidCon, Manorcon, Stabcon and Baycon where there will be 100 to 200 gamers. These have all been going since the 80s and the TBC dates aren't indications of any uncertainty over the Cons' future. The next Stabcon is 4th - 6th July, MidCon is 7th - 9th November. Advance booking is not essential for most cons, but hotel rooms do run out at some of them.

Some of the other events are simply extended single day sessions, and there are lots more of these around the country. If you subscribe to the England Forum you will see plenty of notices about these, often in Epsom, York and other distant places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Arctic Jack wrote:

Does anyone know when the next Eastbourne trip is and would there be spaces available?

The Eastbourne trips are every six months, but are massively oversubscribed.

The next one is Easter weekend but it has been fully booked since some time in November of last year (when it was announced). I suspect we could easily double capacity and fill it in a day or two, but the event is focused on being a) free and b) an event where (almost) everybody knows everybody and that limits the size it can grow to, as does the amount of time and effort involved in organising it.

It's a really great event and has become a real highlight in everyone's gaming calendar and I'd strongly recommend other gaming groups to arrange their own residential gaming holidays.

Each year there is talk of arranging a gaming event which could hold many more people (possibly something on the scale of the UK Game Expo) but the logistics and the desire to keep it free have, thus far, prevented it from happening. There remains talk of having access to a pub (which holds 150 people or so) for an entire weekend, in Central London...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer & Pretzels is perhaps the odd one out - a two-day convention without any accomodation at the venue itself. Though Burton has plenty of small hotels and guest-houses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Beer & Pretzels is perhaps the odd one out - a two-day convention without any accomodation at the venue itself. Though Burton has plenty of small hotels and guest-houses.

Richard, The Cast are Dice is along the same lines in Stoke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.