Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I own all three games and would like to add some event and campaign decks to the games. So I searched the forums and stumbled other the decks from ninjadorg and GeckoTH.

After reading through some threads and comments it seems that ninjadorg created the decks and GeckoTH reworked them.

So I wanted to downloaded the versions from GeckoTH, espacially because he offers links to the printerstudio versions. I found the event decks for all three games but campaign decks seems only be available for CR and LoD.

After reading through some more threads it seems that the campaign deck for CR is also useable for WoA.

But I don't really know if all the 'seems so' are acceptably! So it would be really nice if someone can help me with the following questions:

1. Are the decks from GeckoTH are a rework of the decks from ninjadorg or are the decks independent and I should print both versions for each game?

2. Is the campaign deck for CR also useable for WoA? And if not is their a campaign deck available for WoA? And if so is their a printerstudio version available for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your interest!

Alright, let me see if I can help you out here...

My decks are essentially re-creations of Ninjadorg's decks using newer card templates, and with the help of Autodeulist and others, more cards have been added to make the decks bigger. So you won't need to print up Ninjadorg's original decks, since all his hard work has already been incorporated into my decks. (with one exception, as I'll explain below)

The "Room Event" Decks for all three games are complete, so you can go ahead and download the PrinterStudio image packs and get those cards printed up. The number of cards in each of these decks vary based on the number of 'named tiles' that occur in each game.

And just to clarify, these Room Event decks are designed to be used alongside any adventure you choose to play, whether you're playing a scenario right out of the adventure book, or a series of custom scenarios. They simply add flavor to each dungeon as its created, and generate some meaningful choices during the course of the game.

The "Campaign Event" decks are still kind of a work-in-progress... The goal is to make a full 54-card deck for each game. Castle Ravenloft is complete, and that can be downloaded here. Wrath of Ashardalon and the Legend of Drizzt aren't quite finished yet (my fault entirely). LoD at least has a Campaign Event deck that I posted a while ago, but it currently contains only 30 cards. These cards are perfectly useable, but I still plan on filling out the remainder of the 54-card deck. And worst of all, I have yet to post any Campaign Cards for Wrath of Ashardalon. So, if you're looking to print up a Campaign Deck for WoA, using NinjaDorg's deck is the only way to go at this moment.

Keep in mind that all the cards have already been designed and written up -- I just need to sit down in Photoshop for a couple days to create all the cards. Autoduelist has been extremely patient with me... and I really do intend to finish this project. Posts from users such as yourself really help motivate me, so thank you for that. I simply haven't gotten these games to my table in the past year, so completing the decks haven't been a priority. But I still love these games, and I hate to leave a project unfinished... and I'll be sure to announce when I get it done!

-Tom

EDIT: Perhaps you've already seen it, but this thread contains links to all my D&D files, and I'll keep it updated with any future files
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also now that PrinterStudio decks are shareable, some of the DDAS decks are available premade on this geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/169670/printerstudio-shari...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many many thanks for this very detailed explanation, Tom! This really brings some light into the darkness!

So I will wait printing the campaign deck for LoD and would really like to try the campaign deck for WoA in the near future.

So if I were you, I would take on of the games from my shelf and set it up for a little round. This would bring back some really nice feelings about how great the games are and how cool it would be to have some completed campaign decks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
Also now that PrinterStudio decks are shareable, some of the DDAS decks are available premade on this geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/169670/printerstudio-shari...

Nice to know and already bookmarked! Thanks Chris...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also been stumping for an ULTIMATE Room Event deck to raise the cards from 8 (7 for Ashardalon) up to 12. I figured it was easier work for Tom since the artwork and card layout is already complete and only the text needs to change.

I'm a horrible person too as I've yet to pick up the games for myself. whistle I liked NinjaDorg's ideas for the game and the card ideas kept coming so I kept contributing. It was really exciting working together with everyone on BGG and I'm pleased to have something game-related out on the Internet that I helped create. Hopefully I'll have more ideas to fill-up those blank Shadows of Brimstone cards. I bet Gecko's getting Brimstone too. laugh

Maybe we should start sending things to Gecko to motivate him to finish up those cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you here me, GeckoTH...
It seems, that printerstudio has some descent discounts available to Easter... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
Posts from users such as yourself really help motivate me, so thank you for that.

Well then, good sir, let me tell you that after months and months of eyeing all the awesome content you guys have designed for the Adventure System, I've decided to complete my collection and furiously play full-fledged campaigns with all three games. However, my fun meter won't go all the way up to its (considerable) maximum unless I order only complete deck from PrinterStudio. Hint, hint!

On a more sincere note, let me add my voice to the ones who've already expressed their thanks to you, ninjadorg, Autoduelist and the others. This is an incredible example of making a game deeper and more interesting while carefully staying true to the original idea behind it. Truly a labor of love.

Here's to hoping this post will help you get the motivation to finish this now.

Also if you could paint my minis so that they don't look out of place when next to the ones from Dungeon Command, I'd be pretty grateful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lo and behold, a wild update appears!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15752574#15752574
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhys Corlett
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
I brought this without thinking it through
badge
I don't have to explain my art to you
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started playing with these games, and this is fantastic! Thanks for all your hard work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.