Subject: Maybe we did something wrong? (Lazarus player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played this game with a friend over the weekend with 2-tooth dino's and 5-tooth mammals. We start the game but quickly get 2 greenhouse down cards which leaves the world with nothing but ice-caps and a few hard-to-adapt biomes. Both of our archetypes become extinct then we are no longer.

The way i interpreted the rules was that the only way we can come back as the Lazarus player is to get a mutation card, and only use that card to start up a new species then place one on the board where it can survive. The problem then arose that there were no mutation cards eligible for the current biomes on the map. The result was us sitting until the last period, buying then discarding (keeping if it is a genotype) mutation cards to refill the offer until we found something we can use, which didn't happen until the last period.

This created a not-so-fun experience and I'm hoping I can grasp this game and see what it truly has to offer. What did we do wrong?

This was my second play through and my friend's first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
From your post I don't see any mistakes you probably experienced some bad luck with regard to the events.
Gamewise it sucks but it does make nice partytalk
For a next game you could Stack the deck a bit by making dure that there are no greenhouse down shifts next to one another. Just spread out the cards so you see the bottom Part and make sure that it doesn't happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you play with a 5- or 10-card display? The rules say the 10-card display is optional in a 2-player game, but I think it's a good idea to always play with 10 (more options).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with the 5 card display.

I will try out the 10 card display next time with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's especially bad luck when even the new biome tiles are uninhabitable, and there was no global warming event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.