Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried drawing a spawn card when you get the aaaah! card while searching? I need to ramp up the difficulty a bit since lately the only times that I am losing is when I play a hard scenario (like Switch City mainly), add the berserkers to the game and get approximately 4 extra activations in one turn. Occasionally I'll get blind sided by back to back extra runner activations, but it mostly comes down to running out of berserkers and drawing three seven plus spawns cards in a row with a couple of splits that cause extra activations as well. I don't go out of my way at all to manage leveling up (ie. open all buildings while at blue, or micro-manage the xp). I'm not complaining or bragging here, but ..... well maybe I am bragging just a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can always try to display a fatty+retinue.
That should refrain some games' start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneurin Kennerley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's nice about this is that it counters waiting in a room and searching for all the good gear... searching has to be part of the strategy... if it's your turn last searching and finding a walker isn't a problem... but finding 2+ of them or a runner could be! No time to dispatch them yourself... give it a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thinking about this a little bit more, it would make toxic zombies really dangerous. I'm not sure what the highest spawn is, but if you dropped several toxics from a red level search you'd be in a lot of trouble. On the other hand it makes the flashlight very dangerous especially worst case scenario of two aaaaahs when searching at red level. Also this makes destiny a much more useful skill. I would just make it that it would have to be a "normal" zombie spawn since toxics would really end the game fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same experience as you about when I loose but I´m thinking of getting the zombie dogz expansion instead. Otherwise I´d recommend you to make more difficult maps. Try making a 3x3 tile map with 5 spawns and 4 survivors and I guess it´s gonna be pretty hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysthjuk wrote:
Try making a 3x3 tile map with 5 spawns and 4 survivors and I guess it´s gonna be pretty hard.

This.

And then send it in to the contest!

But also, you can make the game harder by simply adjusting the zombie deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one I've submitted does the trick for me with 3x3 and 4 spawns. It has three distinctly different routes that you can take to complete, makes really cool use of barricades and has a pretty fun game effect that already exists in the game, but I have yet to see implemented. I won't say more till it is published, so hopefully you'll see what I've done there.

I've varied the spawn deck to make extra activations more frequent, but I really need berserkers to make it threatening. Since you can't take berserkers down at range and they have a tendency to be two spaces away, you can get nailed when they get enough extra activations in a row. I like an idea that adds dimensions to the game. The thought of making it dangerous to use a flashlight and dangerous when the crap hits the fan (red level ahhh! card giving an immediate red level spawn). I mean should you really be stopping to search at red level. If you do, your team had better be ready to back you up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to consider buying the Angry Zombies Box Of Zombies, then.

It gives you more Beserkers, and Beserker zombie cards that spawn at higher numbers, on average, than the PO ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We tried making the game harder by adjusting the Spawn Deck and adding a simple houserule.

At the Red Danger Level: spawn all zombies, not just the normal ones. Example: A Runner Extra Activision would apply to Toxic, Normal and Berserker Runners.

It really kicked the difficulty up a notch. As it is for now, we win a bit more than we loose, but it is like 55% wins against 45% loses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking of giving the abomination an extra activation for all zombie extra activations. It really isn't frightening with the equipment decks as is. Even if you don't have the concrete saw, pa's gun, hollow point rounds, molotov, flamethrower, or a character who gets one extra damage, you can still get the shield (or other form of toughness) and the abominations are really more of a pest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.