Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Kelly
United States
Twentynine Palms
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you remove the track piece when you complete a line? It seems logical that you would, but the only rule listing I see that relates is that you can not advance the marker past the last space of a line.

If the line markers stay on the last space, it would mean you could never complete any other lines expect black, which makes no sense thematically and seems wrong.

This is so significant game-wise that the fact I can't find a post about it anywhere makes me assume I am missing something obvious. A little help please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bkelly17 wrote:
Do you remove the track piece when you complete a line? It seems logical that you would, but the only rule listing I see that relates is that you can not advance the marker past the last space of a line.

If the line markers stay on the last space, it would mean you could never complete any other lines expect black, which makes no sense thematically and seems wrong.

This is so significant game-wise that the fact I can't find a post about it anywhere makes me assume I am missing something obvious. A little help please?

You do not remove the piece. I have not considered that this seems wrong: it is no different thematically from the fact that you can never upgrade the last built piece on any line from black to grey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkelly17 wrote:

Therefore it stays where it is!

Yes - there's nothing else in the rules about it because the track just stays there.

It's interesting that you regard it as "logical" the track would be removed. The thought had never occurred to me before, and no-one I've ever played with has queried the point. It just goes to show the rich pattern of diversity in human thought, and the different angles that people can approach these issues from. Also an indication of the difficulties faced by rules writers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
It seem logical cause the OP has never played the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelly
United States
Twentynine Palms
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the reason it seems logical to me, is it implies you never finish the subsequent lines. Yes, the black rail reaches Kiev, but the silver gets 90% of the way there? The brown 80%?

I guess I thought of the piece as the end-of-the-line track bumper, where construction was still underway. We'll certainly play the way the rules intend, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian, I don't think those different colours as different lines, but instead upgrades on the one line to Kiev I'm building. The black is the actual line, the other colours are just improvements on the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
msaari wrote:
Brian, I don't think those different colours as different lines, but instead upgrades on the one line to Kiev I'm building. The black is the actual line, the other colours are just improvements on the line.

Yes, but thematically that is even more reason why the later colored tracks should go on top of the earlier ones on the last space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, it seems weird that you can't fully upgrade the line. But it would make the rules more complicated if you could, so I guess it's better this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Vermeiren
Belgium
Rumst
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a good thing to think about with the different colors. But you have to see de colored markers as waggons of a huge train. I guess you just can't leave out the previous ones. For example when you reach the black waggon with the grey waggon. You just can't replace another waggon in the train, right?

But i agree that if you could finish the lane, it would be difficult to calculate your points at the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.