Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why is this selfless? Because they give you mom and pop service, personalized, sweet-natured people. If they get too much attention, they'll get too big and that will likely mean they'll become too busy to provide the personalized attention they give now. The folks at 401games are great but they're usually too busy keeping the store running to really engage or just talk about games (though i think the head manager dude, the white guy, is awesome). By publicizing them more, i make that day when they don't have time for more than a quick hello that much closer

Meeplemart is on Spadina just south of Dundas. They have a gorgeous store with a large gaming area in the back. Unlike every other gaming area i've seen, it's clean. How clean? You sit in office boardroom chairs. They have nice couches. Large screen tvs. Snazzier than snakes and lattes. That clean.

The games are sorted alphabetically and are priced well. The staff is exceptional (all 3 of them that i met, incl the owner). They have a great and large selection. Based off my observations, 401 has a larger selection but meeplemart makes up for it by having some hard to find games, like Rallyman. I might be wrong about this as 401 has no backroom, MM might have one..... And also, of course, it's hard to guesstimate variety vs quantity.

I know that MM is from now on my preferred meetup location and i plan on hitting them up at least as much as i hit up 401 from now on. Maybe more......

Check them out. Order from them. Support them. They make the hobby more attractive by existing. They're a store you can take your geekophobic girlfriend(really!). They put a lot of effort into a wickedly unique presentation and should be recognized for it. Quality all around.

I'm done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they moved recently (used to be near Carlaw Ave and was mostly online with somewhat irregular store hours). But I've had nothing but good service from them for online orders.

Get the microbadge if you want to show you love MeepleMart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to order from these guys online, but their site hasn't been working for quite some time now.

edit:
nevermind... looks like they changed from meeplemart.ca to meeplemart.com

They should really have a redirect to their new site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Go Sox Go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great store! 100% recommend using there services for all your gaming needs. They are my go to store and shipping is very quick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Meeplemart and a LOT of our collection has come from that shop. But I have to say I've been disappointed since the move. They seem to be stocking fewer games, or at least, a smaller variety of games (especially import titles). The 'new arrivals' section on the website is infrequently updated for new board and card games (by comparison to german games or bgbliss). I'm not sure if that reflects what they are actually receiving or if it's simply just not updated. It seems like other product lines have been expanded - that may account for the change I've seen over the past few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.