Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have the money to buy comic books featuring serial stories as a kid so what I know of the Marvel universe is from cartoons and most of the movies. That knowledge doesn't include most of the stuff seen on the board art...

What's the deal with the massive pair of legs appearing behind the Golden Gate bridge? It kinda looks like a statue, but I'm not certain.

Who's the neoprene-clad ninja bolting from the bank vault (and why did he leave all the money)? Nice watch, though.

Lastly, the tired/downcast lowlife in the sewer looks like a henchman rather than a proper villain. Does he belong to a particular goon squad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer the last two, but I'm pretty certain I saw Brenzor answer the first one as the Dreaming Celestial. I, however, do not know much about this particular character. I don't think the last two are anyone in particular, but would love to be proven wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You know, that sewer image has bugged me for a while because even though they claim all the art in the game is original, I swore that was an old image of Maverick in his Weapon Zero guise. It took your prompting to make me Google and discover my suspicions were correct.

EDIT: Another hunch pays off! Bank guy is goofy Spider-Man villain Slyde.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
You know, that sewer image has bugged me for a while because even though they claim all the art in the game is original, I swore that was an old image of Maverick in his Weapon Zero guise. It took your prompting to make me Google and discover my suspicions were correct.

EDIT: Another hunch pays off! Bank guy is goofy Spider-Man villain Slyde.

Amazing finds! and I thought I knew my two-bit obscure villians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most impressive, Dog!

As for the Dreaming Celestial, more information can be found at http://marvel.wikia.com/Tiamut_%28Earth-616%29

This picture apparently inspired the artwork for the Bridge space:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I hadn't heard of any of them. Very interesting; thank you all. I especially liked the dialogue in the Spidey panel - very funny. I have to remember to at least check out one of the Slyder comics once I get some of this pesky schoolwork out of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested in more info about the Dreaming Celestial, I highly recommend The Eternals by Neil Gaiman.

Great read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
If you're interested in more info about the Dreaming Celestial, I highly recommend The Eternals by Neil Gaiman.

Great read.

Yeah? From the wiki page linked above, it rather sounded like his story was mixed throughout a number of storylines and therefore might be difficult to pick up (albeit not as bad as, for example, the mess the Legacy Virus or baby Hope seem to be). As a result, I had been hesistant to invest much time in planning a reading list on him. Is The Eternals a collection kinda like they did for X-cutioner Song?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.