Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGrady
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big thanks to Michael at The Cult of the New http://www.thecultofthenew.com/ for resolving a recent issue with my latest order.

I had ordered the first expansion for Galaxy Trucker, The Big Expansion, but they sent the second expansion, Another Big Expansion, by mistake. Given that the two expansions look very similar, and have almost identical names, I can easily see how the mistake was made.

When I contacted Michael to see what my options were at this point, he immediately said to keep the second expansion by way of apology and that he would be sending me the first expansion at his expense. Now *that's* customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have have received awesome customer service from Michael. Our plans for pick up over the Christmas holidays suddenly changed due to illness in the family. So he shipped our games free of charge instead. What a wonderful surprise it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
I am a US buyer from The Cult of the New and I will be buying from them again in the future based on the wonderful experience I had with them buying Caverna: The Cave Farmers. I did a preorder with them and when they received their copies from the manufacturer they noted that the games had some minor damage to the boxes. They emailed me promptly and gave me the option to either cancel my order or that they would give me a partial refund and ship the game to me, stating they would give it to me for cost. I ended up paying about 40 bucks for a copy of Caverna with a small tear in the corner of the box.

Anyone in the US should not be afraid to check these guys out. They have great prices, reasonable shipping, and great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Baxter
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
Supercalifragiliticexmealidocious
badge
Mars by 2050!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good experience here, once there was some slight damage to a game when it arrived, the packing was absolutely awesome, so I think it was damaged before getting shipped and the damage was hard to see until you tried to open the box.

Anyway they gave me a partial refund and I was pretty happy.

Their website is a bit slow, but it's worth it for the deals and good service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Mike is the bee's knees, no doubt.

I dream of a the day when that insane Holiday sale they had comes back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.