Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a couple games. If you get peace treaty tech early against a warfare player you are guaranteed at least 8 points. Ridiculous...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadMoney wrote:
Played a couple games. If you get peace treaty tech early against a warfare player you are guaranteed at least 8 points. Ridiculous...
you have to outplay the peace treaty or you will get burned. All you have to do is research the warfare techs that let you play around the peace treaty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that it is overpowered for its cost. With a peace treaty and a civilised planet in play, taking the warfare role is an idiot move.

A card that cheap and available which makes 1 of the 5 role choices much worse than the other roles as an ongoing effect is very hard to counter without completely avoiding warfare.

I feel it was added to counter the warfare strategy but it goes a little too far. Give it a two planet minimum at least. Works thematically too, what's the point of a peace treaty that only concerns one planet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
I would say that it is overpowered for its cost. With a peace treaty and a civilised planet in play, taking the warfare role is an idiot move.

A card that cheap and available which makes 1 of the 5 role choices much worse than the other roles as an ongoing effect is very hard to counter without completely avoiding warfare.

I feel it was added to counter the warfare strategy but it goes a little too far. Give it a two planet minimum at least. Works thematically too, what's the point of a peace treaty that only concerns one planet?

My thoughts exactly. Too easy to get early. Better fix by making it a two planet tech. There are ways to go around the tech but it isn't til later in game after you have taken a couple of warfares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's Seth's official response, posted before people started asking the question.

Is Peace Treaty overpowered? Why Peace Treaties don't break Eminent Domain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I took my comments over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Miamisburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a counterexample, in a 5 player game with scenarios I got a peace treaty on my first turn. Two of the players had warfare-heavy starting decks and I only got 5 points from it over the entire game. One of those players ended up winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See 5 VPs from a one planet tech!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad vanVugt
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadMoney wrote:
See 5 VPs from a one planet tech!?

By that same rationale, Biosphere is also OP because with a P/T strategy you can farm that for serious points.

I've played in a 4 player game where I had 3 Peace Treaties in play and lost. The guy who suffered most from my dominance of Treaty cards shifted strategy and won the game. Its not OP. It just might force you to adjust your strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.