Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Is Kabul considered a LoC or a terminus (like a town) for movement? In other words, can units using LoCs move through Kabul? It's clear for TRANSPORT but not for PATROL or SWEEP operations.

2) Surge special activity: what is meant by distribute a die roll fully among Warlords/Aid? One or the other? Between the two?

3) Government Train: must the Government/Coalition always try to place the maximum number of cubes in each space when placing cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Kabul is a space, not an LoC. Units moving on Patrols or Sweeps can move through Kabul. This is addressed in 3.2.2 and 3.2.3.

2) "Fully" means allocate the full quantity you rolled. You may divide the quantity between the two factions.

3) No. Note it says, "up to", which can even mean zero.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the quick reply. Excellent support.

In regard to Train: what about the BOT- how many cubes must be placed in each eligible space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the answer to my first question directly from Volko in another thread:

"Hi Sam. Kabul is definitely different than the Towns. Towns are not spaces, just boundaries between adjacent LoCs (1.3.6). The LoCs adjacent to Kabul are separated by the City space of Kabul and so not adjacent to each other."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
1) Kabul is a space, not an LoC. Units moving on Patrols or Sweeps can move through Kabul. This is addressed in 3.2.2 and 3.2.3.

I don't buy this. I don't think cubes can go through Kabul on a Sweep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, Kabul can be a Sweep destination but not Sweep transit to another space. From 3.2.3: Troops may "first move onto an adjacent LoC (1.3.3) that is free of Sabotage (3.3.4) and then into an adjacent space."

Contrast with Patrol, 3.2.2: "Each cube may move into any adjacent LoC or Kabul (1.3.3) and may keep entering adjacent LoCs or Kabul until the player chooses to stop moving it or it enters a Sabotaged LoC."

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.