Popular Tags: [View All]
The Gamer Curator
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello beautiful people!

I just picked up Compounded and it quickly became a favorite. I got a four player game in and was interested in how the 2 player game plays. Have any of you had a chance to play a two player game? Is it as enjoyable as the normal game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Pixelpoop wrote:
Hello beautiful people!

I just picked up Compounded and it quickly became a favorite. I got a four player game in and was interested in how the 2 player game plays. Have any of you had a chance to play a two player game? Is it as enjoyable as the normal game?

I've played 2-player exclusively (a few times with my wife) and think it's great. I can't say for certain with Compounded, but with other competitive games with a trading element, the trading can sometimes either cause a level of conflict that wouldn't normally be there, or maybe it's ignored entirely... Having Nobel to trade with is a great middle-ground. His other actions are both quick and useful for everyone, so I think it's a great variation to keep the 2-player experience interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would second Joshua's opinion. Nobel is a good option to keep a trade mechanic going for the two player count. While I prefer 4 or 5 player games, I've played many enjoyable 2 player games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Clark
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
My wife and I just played two player last night at our local Board Game shop. We really liked the 2 player implementation with Nobel. While he can't act as a full third player, trading with him (or choosing not to, thereby blocking your opponent from trading as well) added a cool twist, and Nobel even ended up scoring a few points by the end.

I think a 3-5 player game would be a little better, but it still plays very well with the 2 player variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.