David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question in the title...can you?

I played some games with a friend and will buy the core set from another friend tomorrow. Probable gonna grab Mediterraneans + the dester/winter board expansions...and eventually the xpac that features the Russains.

Are those scenarios playable on the oversized boards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rhezuss wrote:

I played some games with a friend and will buy the core set from another friend tomorrow. Probable gonna grab Mediterraneans + the dester/winter board expansions...and eventually the xpac that features the Russains.

Not really. The base game scenarios are set up for a smaller board. You would have to do some heavy modification to transfer it over. Stretch it out I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Rhezuss wrote:

Not really. The base game scenarios are set up for a smaller board. You would have to do some heavy modification to transfer it over. Stretch it out I guess.

Or just don't play on parts of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are scenarios for the regular sized boards, and there are scenarios for the BreakThrough boards. Together with the official scenarios you can also find over 200 unofficial scenarios on the DoW website to play on the BreakThrough boards.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenariofans...

Filter on "Only breakthrough".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Good
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that I do and it helps to have the M44 editor to re-draw the map but, in short, this is what I do.

1) Set up the standard scenario in the middle of the board i.e. with the mid line from the standard scenario matching the mid line on the breakthrough board.

2) Move the back line of the axis formation back 4 squares so it sits on the axis base line of the breakthrough board then do the same with the allied.

3) Move the second line of the axis back 3 hexes (2 to the top left, 1 to the top right) and do the same on the allied end.

4) Move the third line back 2 hexes

5) Move the forth line back one hex tp the left

6) Finally fill out the missing lines with extended terrain i.e. if you have just split 3 hexes of wood into one individual wooded hex and an individual two wooded hex just put an extra tree in to fill the gap). The same works for towns, hills, hedges etc.

The scenarios are still very playable but will change your strategy quite considerably (you will need to bring your artillery up very quickly!) so it's worth investing in a breakthrough deck if you do this.

I have played through the Invasion of France from the first campaign book in this way and although it does add to set up time it makes the battle far more strategic in my opinion.

If it helps you visualise it, here's what I did with Bodange http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2199725/memoir-44

Pip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.