Popular Tags: [View All]
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have just had a weekend away and I got in a game from the Paratroopers expansion. Scenario 28 "No Ingouf Around" The end of turn 3 and I make a roll to check if the American radio enters the game. Sure enough I roll double 1s and look for the American radio. I cant find it, I know I got it out of the box, I look on the map, maybe I left it lying around, I look on the table edge, I look on the floor, it's not there, or anywhere. The realisation that I am not at home and if I don't find it, then I never will. That sudden sick feeling came over me, more of a frustration that how could I lose something that I had only half an hour ago. Then I felt so stupid as I saw the radio on the time track, exactly the place it should be. But also a sense of relief. Damn! this old age lark is catching up on me too quick. But the up side is that this was the best game of CC I have ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of our most challenging moments in recent games are reading the dice results and correctly doing basic arithmetic. Let's just say we're both over 40..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news is that you can easily make a replacement counter if needed or maybe get the counter or countersheet from GMT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I now get very worried when things like that happen. Both of my parents have severe dementia. I moved them in with me so I can take care of them. I witness first hand as they continue to decline. If there's a genetic component to this, I definitely have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
My wife and I have just had a weekend away and I got in a game from the Paratroopers expansion. Scenario 28 "No Ingouf Around" The end of turn 3 and I make a roll to check if the American radio enters the game. Sure enough I roll double 1s and look for the American radio. I cant find it, I know I got it out of the box, I look on the map, maybe I left it lying around, I look on the table edge, I look on the floor, it's not there, or anywhere. The realisation that I am not at home and if I don't find it, then I never will. That sudden sick feeling came over me, more of a frustration that how could I lose something that I had only half an hour ago. Then I felt so stupid as I saw the radio on the time track, exactly the place it should be. But also a sense of relief. Damn! this old age lark is catching up on me too quick. But the up side is that this was the best game of CC I have ever played.

I lost a Russian Leader counter once for a year, and it made me so mad. I finally found it in another army tray. It will probably turn up.

You can also print the counter on your own from the vassal module.
Send me a PM and I will help you if you are interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

The most irritating thing about getting older is the sheer amount of time I spend wondering why I have gone somewhere and what I went there for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:

You can also print the counter on your own from the vassal module.
Send me a PM and I will help you if you are interested

Thanks Charles, but I found it exactly where it should of been...on the Time track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Some of our most challenging moments in recent games are reading the dice results and correctly doing basic arithmetic. Let's just say we're both over 40..

I find myself using the Attack Total Marker more than I used to but it does feel nice when you have to flip it over to the +20 side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
Malacandra wrote:

I find myself using the Attack Total Marker more than I used to but it does feel nice when you have to flip it over to the +20 side.

Unit stats...Dice rolls...Fire Attack Total Marker...

So...many...numbers... wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
The great thing about forgetting as I approach 50 is all the new scenarios!

And when will that Pacific version be ready?!

Someone please tell me why I stood up.

As of this typing, I'm less that two weeks away....now you have about three months to go! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.