United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding was that it covered the whole area as combined tiles are treated as a single larger tile. But this is myth so I'm probably wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
My understanding was that it covered the whole area as combined tiles are treated as a single larger tile. But this is myth so I'm probably wrong.

That statement is so... wrong...

I had the same question recently with 4x12 - the combined tiles are considered one tile, for sure. But I always set the trap as pictured (the physical trap being located on the same 4x6 as the heroes). This is probably a judgement call - if you think it would be possible to disarm the trap when it's at the very far end, it would be more fun and interesting.

Then, please come back and clarify those rules for us, heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
chbyer wrote:

That statement is so... wrong...

I had the same question recently with 4x12 - the combined tiles are considered one tile, for sure. But I always set the trap as pictured (the physical trap being located on the same 4x6 as the heroes). This is probably a judgement call - if you think it would be possible to disarm the trap when it's at the very far end, it would be more fun and interesting.

Then, please come back and clarify those rules for us, heh.

I set the Whirlwind blade trap on the far tile, since I was unsure where to set it. It took awhile to make it to the heroes. Should it have been set on the tile we entered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really know... the rules are unclear. I would prefer to set all traps at the far end, but some would be physically impossible, even if you had a sprint and two hustles in every hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I feel like this is 100% a judgement call at set-up (no different than any other set-up decision). Place it on whichever tile you feel like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
I feel like this is 100% a judgement call at set-up (no different than any other set-up decision). Place it on whichever tile you feel like.

That's how I handled this. I felt I had a choice which tile to put the trap on, and I picked one. My trap was Chain Lightning and I put it on the end of the first tile, which effectively put it in the "middle" of the room, which seemed most logical to me for that trap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:

That's how I handled this. I felt I had a choice which tile to put the trap on, and I picked one. My trap was Chain Lightning and I put it on the end of the first tile, which effectively put it in the "middle" of the room, which seemed most logical to me for that trap.

I had this pop up with a Spike floor. I placed it based on the diagram, a few spaces away from the heroes entrance location on the first of the two 4x6's. Even there I couldn't get it disarmed before the AP hit 6 and I was down 6 Vitality each.

Placing it back on the second tile would have been impossible to complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.