Hide
6 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spawn Question-The Mad King Act 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian C
msg tools
During The Mad King Act 1 Quest, the rules state that each 12 x 12 Realm Tile with a Wagon has 2 Grubber Lairs. And for 5 players, the starting spawn for a Grubber Lair is 9, correct? So would that mean we would need to spawn 18? Because I don't have nearly than many miniatures. Am I missing something? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, you don't appear to be missing anything. That is a very odd choice by the developers because they were fairly up front during KS about the base game not really being able to support double lairs of the same enemy type. I would swap one of those lairs out for a crawler lair. It will make the game slightly harder due to extra AP during refresh, but you should have enough minis that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolfe Bergstrom
msg tools
mbmbmb
Your choices are any of the following:

Place just the 15 grubbers that you have from the main box set, and live with it being a little under-powered.
Replace 1 grubber lair with 1 crawler lair, instead.
Use some sort of place-holder token (glass beads, etc) to represent grubbers # 16 to 18 (and beyond).
None of those options are ideal, but they won't break the game either.

Also worth a mention in regards to that Story Quest: The stats for the Wagons are mistakenly listed in the text for Act 2 instead of Act 1. I nearly missed it before my first play because I didn't like the idea of reading ahead and getting spoilers. Without those stats it's hard to know when/how _exactly_ the Act ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
msg tools
Both responses were very helpful and were exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the heads up about the increased AP during refresh if I switch out a lair (forgot about that) and the stats for the Wagons.

My friends and I are just getting into this game and trying not to get overwhelmed, and it's nice to get useful answers so quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Seale
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also remember that the wagon's stats state that while it is on the board, all lairs spawn at +2. So I read that as 11 grabbers per lair to start, unless you only count later spawns.

I just finished that Act and I used the crawlers as Grubbers. That was barely enough, but I had my Zombicide zombies out ready to fill in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
msg tools
rabidroadkill wrote:
Also remember that the wagon's stats state that while it is on the board, all lairs spawn at +2. So I read that as 11 grabbers per lair to start, unless you only count later spawns.

I just finished that Act and I used the crawlers as Grubbers. That was barely enough, but I had my Zombicide zombies out ready to fill in.

Zombicide zombies are a great idea as a stand in for other minis. And thanks for the heads up. When we first tried this quest, we didn't see the Wagon stats so had no idea that they increase the spawns by 2. This weekend we are going to give it another go, hope everything goes smoothly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.