Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Thompson
United States
Thomson
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gale Force Nine...

We would love to see some images of the cards from the coming expansion. Is there any way you could treat us to some? Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh How about the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto

ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The official webpage says that they will be highlighting various components of the expansion each week up to the release date

so hopefully tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Indeed. They updated last week. If we can use Breakin' Atmo as an example, we can expect 4-6 updates approximately weekly starting... any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They updated last on the 25th March, a Tuesday, so I don't know if Tuesday is 'news day'.

Saying that, if they are going to post today, it had better not be an April Fool...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm most intrigued at the mo to see if you can do a two player game with just the new ships - I'm worried that the SS Walden player will be at a disadvantage since the Interceptor will presumably barely ever have anything on board to steal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HotHeart wrote:
Saying that, if they are going to post today, it had better not be an April Fool...

Firefly: The Obligatory Cthulhu Tribes & Prophesies Expansion Expansion is the Goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although it's nothing official, I don't think anyone's discussed Sheriff Bourne's Crew card. If I'm reading it correctly, it's pretty complex (relatively speaking):

2 Talk, Moral, 0 cost. JURISDICTION: +2 Fight for all Tests while in Border Space. Bounty Bonus: +$500. Will not Work Illegal Jobs.

Now, Jurisdiction is interesting (assuming I'm reading it correctly). Sure, you get a +2 Fight -- but you can't use it on Misbehaves! Looks like he'll be useful primarily for Bounty Hunting and for Nav Cards (although there are only a handful that require a Fight test). Oddly enough, he might also work well with someone like Burgess, who is running legal jobs and could use some cheap/free Crew to carry Gear (again, mostly to help with Nav cards).

His phasing "Will not Work Illegal Jobs" (again, assuming I'm reading it correctly) differs from the phrasing used for Immoral Jobs with Book and Elder Gommen enough that I wonder if it's mechanically comparable (and this is juse a space-saving edit) or if there are differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to their Facebook page, there will be an update 'later this week'.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=496407097151387

Right now, they're asking what people would like to see first, out of the following:
- Meet one of the new Leaders
- Take a tour of one of the new Ships
- Invite straight-shooting Lawmen to join your Crew
- Sign on for some low-down piracy
- Hunt down the bounties of the ‘Verse Most Wanted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up. This gives us a good idea of what we can expect to see before the release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First one is up: Bounties.

Go here: http://www.fireflythegame.com/

I am a bit skeptical about the Alliance Alert Update rule: imagine you are just one sector away from that fugitive with the bounty on his head. You move into that sector and draw the Alliance Cruiser Nav card, which results in discarding the bounty on that fugitive. Would make me FURIOUS....angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
First one is up: Bounties.

Go here: http://www.fireflythegame.com/

I am a bit skeptical about the Alliance Alert Update rule: imagine you are just one sector away from that fugitive with the bounty on his head. You move into that sector and draw the Alliance Cruiser Nav card, which results in discarding the bounty on that fugitive. Would make me FURIOUS....angry

I think it's a brilliant rule for the same reason! (Not that it would make you furious, but that it twists the game in an interesting way.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but storywise, why would the alliance drop that bounty for the top three fugitives out of a sudden? And that also repeatedly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh I don't get the story rationale, but as a rule its brilliant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
Yes, but storywise, why would the alliance drop that bounty for the top three fugitives out of a sudden? And that also repeatedly?

Statistically, how often would you be likely to draw an Alliance Cruiser card? I can't get into my gamesroom at the moment to check the chances.

I my mind the story could run: that either the Alliance withdraws the warrant for some reason known only to themselves or some other unstated BH has filed a claim on the mark(or falsely claim if they still in play elsewhere).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't offer numbers, but I find the Alliance Cruiser probably comes into play 2-4 times in a given game. Just my personal experience.

Another thing to consider is that there really aren't all that many Wanted Crew. By my reckoning, there are currently 16. I can see going through that pretty quick in some games.

"Story-wise," I see no problem with the focus of the Wanted List changing. Almost every time we see the Alliance in the series, they're getting "new orders" of some kind or another.

I think the flaw is that they named this the "most wanted" list -- which is catchy, but perhaps currently technically incorrect.

As I'd noted in a thread a long time ago, I'll be interested to see what impact Bounty Hunting has on the resource economy of the game. The best Pilots and Mechanics other than Wash and Kaylee are all Wanted, as are the majority of Crew with a Fight skill greater than one. In a sense, the value of Wash, Kaylee, Lund, and the Head Goon potentially spikes even more in an evironment like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just imagine that they somehow managed to trick the Alliance into thinking they'd been killed or something.

Or since the Alliance is known as some giant bureaucratic jumble of red tape, they made a slight clerical error.

It all looks pretty interesting though and should make for some fun moments. I was kinda hoping they'd say that a bound fugitive will assist if the Reavers board; less for mechanical reasons, more for storytelling ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HotHeart wrote:
It all looks pretty interesting though and should make for some fun moments. I was kinda hoping they'd say that a bound fugitive will assist if the Reavers board; less for mechanical reasons, more for storytelling ones.

Agreed!

I would also think that maybe if you get claim-jumped, they might also pitch in -- possibly with the option of "Rescue" afterward.

One of my favorite Western moments (and I'm stunned that this never made it into any of the many Billy the Kid movies...): Apparently, one of Billy the Kid's gang (Dave Rudabaugh) was notorious for hating/murdering Mexicans. When the train taking the captured Billy and his gang to Santa Fe pass throug Mexican territory, they were mobbed. Pat Garrett and his posse fought them off and the train moved on, but supposedly it go so dicey that Billy almost convinced Garrett to uncuff him and give him a gun.

I can definitely see that happening in Firefly. Heck, if anyone here is reading the new comic, I suspect it may happen in issue 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What new comic surprise ?

And back to topic: ok, I get it now. So, actually they are just not the MOST wanted anymore but still wanted by the alliance (hence the warrant icon).

Strange, though, that I can not apprehend anyone with a warrant in the game (ie. if the bounty is dropped on anyone I cannot apprehend him anymore). Where is the story here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
I would also think that maybe if you get claim-jumped, they might also pitch in -- possibly with the option of "Rescue" afterward.

Hmm, that could be an interesting mini-variant. Not sure I'd apply it in claim-jumping actions, but allowing the option to 'free' prisoners when the Reavers board might work. Maybe at the expense of disgruntling Lawmen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
I can definitely see that happening in Firefly. Heck, if anyone here is reading the new comic, I suspect it may happen in issue 4.

Shhh. I've only just finished the first story. Still more to go before the new comic. /engage fingers in ears mode\

Jamiri wrote:
What new comic surprise ?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Serenity: Leaves on the Wind - from Dark Horse comics a six parter I believe set eight months after the film.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan taylor
msg tools
Arriving in the UK on the 26th April
We have the Pirates and Bounty Hunters arriving in the uk on the 26th April so looking forward to seeing the player interaction increase. We had the Exclusive uk edition come out just before Christmas. that's the one with the artful dodger already in the set. www.247toys.co.uk UK distributors for the game. cant wait to get the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Z
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The S.S. Walden Sneak Peek is up at http://www.fireflythegame.com/!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice ship. Hope there will be enough Heavy Load jobs for it, though (will there be new ones in the expansion?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.