Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So what does a geek have to do to get moderators involved with a trade gone sour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What steps have you taken so far? Did you follow the steps here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Marketplace-Trade_Dispute...#

Did you try to communicate with the seller? Did you reach an impasse? Have you geekmailed Octavian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
What steps have you taken so far? Did you follow the steps here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Marketplace-Trade_Dispute...#

Did you try to communicate with the seller? Did you reach an impasse? Have you geekmailed Octavian?

I emailed the other trader for over a two weeks before attempting to contact Octavian which I did twice now. The trader was responsive up until the week we were supposed to ship. Luckily I had something come up and never did. I wanted the moderators to message him before leaving negative feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure if I ever saw Octavian's inbox, I'd have nightmares for a week. I'd give him a bit of a chance to get back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I'm sure if I ever saw Octavian's inbox, I'd have nightmares for a week. I'd give him a bit of a chance to get back to you.

fair enough. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm impatient but how long do I wait for a response? Seems no one will help me resolve this trade. Am I on my own? I guess I can just leave negative feedback and be done with it but I'd like some moderation. Where do I report bad traders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian handles user issues and trade resolution, though I'm not sure what you're asking for in this case, because it sounds like neither of you shipped anything, so no one is out anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Octavian handles user issues and trade resolution, though I'm not sure what you're asking for in this case, because it sounds like neither of you shipped anything, so no one is out anything?

I was going to ship but he stopped responding. Now I'm left with an open trade. I have the items ready to go but the user wont' respond to my messages. I want to finalize the trade or I guess I can leave negative feedback since he backed out without communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian will get back to you, but it may take a week or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lj1983 wrote:
Octavian will get back to you, but it may take a week or two.

I think it's been over a week. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

I was going to ship but he stopped responding. Now I'm left with an open trade. I have the items ready to go but the user wont' respond to my messages. I want to finalize the trade or I guess I can leave negative feedback since he backed out without communication.

Negative feedback from you might result in negative feedback from them. Or, it could be that a personal emergency happened and they weren't able to follow through with the trade. There's no time limit on feedback, so it may be best to find out what happened first, because once it's there, it's there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, that's why I'd like a moderator to step in and send a message to the non responsive party. He's logged in everyday since our trade started
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.