Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Sheppard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The game is due to be shipping out soon and I decided to try and head off some debates because what the game design intended and what comes across as text is not always one in the same.

Assassin: Destroy the last doll played to a collection.
Clarified: When a doll is played and added to a collection, the Assassin may be played to destroy it. Most commonly, this is the standard dolls but yes, a Blacksmith or Changeling may be affected. Also not that the Assassin can kill the doll a player acquired by stealing it from another player.

Blacksmith: Replaces a Defective Doll, discarding it.
Clarified: If you have a Defective Doll in your collection, or anyone else's, you may play this and the Blacksmith replaces they Defective Doll. the Blacksmith then becomes a Lv0 of whatever job class he joined.

Champion: Worth -3 points
Clarified: The Champion can be the best darn thing he wants to be. In other words, he becomes the job class of whatever stack he's on but becomes a Lv9 of that job class. Unfortunately, if he's still around at the end of the game, he'll cost you 3 points.

Changeling: Exchange places with the last played card.
Clarified: Whenever he replaces the character, it's as if you played that card. So while your opponent receives a Lv0...whatever you're stealing, you gain that card to add to your collection.

King: Cancel last played card.
Clarified: Simply put, whatever shenanigans are being attempted, the King says no. It's good to be the king...

Merchant: Draw 3 new cards, ignoring hand limit.
Clarified: Your hand limit is normally 3 (5 in a 2 player game) but when you draw the cards, you may go over that. However, keep in mind, you don't get to draw new cards until you're less than 3 (5).

Necromancer: Claim the top doll card from the discard
Clarified: The intention with this card should sound more like Claim and Play the top doll card in the discard. So whatever the topmost card in the discard is, treat the card as if you played it. Now the order of things is important so that the Necromancer may be played properly. For example, if an Assassin is played, it enters the discard and then the card it killed goes in the discard afterwards.

Strategist: Rearrange any players Class Stack
Clarified: This can work for you or against them. So for you, imagine you have the 6,7, and 8 of the Wizard but your 7 is on top. Well, the quest which is asking specifically for the strongest Wizard will take the Lv7 and award you 3 points. The Lv7 is worth 3 points by itself so you can instead bury the 7 and 8 below the 6 to gain a point. As for your enemies, how about that Champion or Defective Dolls? Dolls on the top of the stack are the ones which have a good chance of going away during quest time. Now imagine if you burying that -3 point Champion on the bottom of his stack, ensuring he'll never leave.

Kickstarter Exclusives: Note: I ordered some spare sets of these so if you bought Dungeoneering Dolls outside of the Big Bundle, let me know and send a pick with your copy and I'll send you these promos gratis.

Nano Bundle Expansion: Either included for free with the Big Bundle or as a $5 optional buy-ins.

Fiddler: Rotate Hands left or right one space
Clarified: Whatever was in your hand gets passed to the left or right.... sucks, but maybe those Defective Dolls you've been holding onto have a purpose after all...

Piper: Declare a class and add those cards from the discard to your collection.
Clarified: So let's say you say Cleric. you search the discard for all Clerics and BAM, they yours. Of course you're not allowed to look through the discard first.

Quest: Make the Queen Happy
Clarified: Having the most Dolls when this quest comes up will win you the quest. Of course she wants the shiniest doll for her own. in the case of a tie, no one wins.

Noueni Dolls Expansion

Expert Cards
These come in the 6 different job classes and you get one at the beginning of the game. It may be spent at anytime before Quest Time to yank a Doll of this class from the discard. In other words, if you have a Ranger Expert, you may claim a Ranger from the discard. If you don't do this, the card is worth additional potential points. So if you gained a Ranger related quest, you get 2 points for this card but acquiring both Ranger quests is worth 5 points to you. These cards cannot be claimed from the discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game! Played last night with my KS edition

A few questions though:

1. The rules state that Limited Edition Dolls can be played at any time. The Quest Time rules state that it starts immediately as soon as the top card of the draw deck is a quest card. So, can a player play a Limited Edition doll (like the strategist) right before the Quest Time rules kick in (i.e. before the Defective Dolls are placed)? How about right after that, but before all the other cards are discarded?

2. The rules state that any time between turns, a player can draw back up to 3 cards. Is this still 3 cards for a 2-player game? It doesn't specify 5 cards like the setup rules do.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sheppard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1. Yeah, it's really hard to cram everything I want to say into the small rulebook without making it even harder to play/understand as it is. Essentially as soon as a quest card is revealed via draw, that's it and unused Limited Editions are discarded. I wish I knew a better way to word that.

2. You're not the first one to be confused by that and I'll have to triple/quintruple check my wording in the rulebook but yeah, the hand limit in a 2 player game is 5. This is to make sure players have a decent chance to steal dolls from one another and hands don't sort of "stall out" if you get a couple defective dolls. 3-4 players, the hand is 3 but with enough players in the game, chances at stealing are fairly common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.