Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building with Uxmal 5 effect and Architecture 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Piryazev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have no corn and my Architecture level is 1 (Take one corn any time you construct a building).
I want to construct building with Uxmal 5 effect (pay one corn for any action on one of the small gears)
What effect goes first? Architecture 1 or Uxmal 5?

I have corrected my question. I activate Tikal 2 and want to construct a building that can give me effect that is analagous to Uxmal 5.
So I will get Architecture bonus before building effect or after?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Bam
United States
Cape Elizabeth
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to have a corn to take the Uxmal 5 action. You cannot get a corn for your architecture because you are not allowed to build a building that gets you that corn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To get the benefit of Architecture 1, you have first to build. So first you build if you can (and with Uxmal 5, you first need 1 corn) and then you get any benefit from the Architecture technology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dmitry correctly answered Dmitry's question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all gets done in order:
1. You activate Uxmal 5: pay a corn and select a space on any wheel other than Chichen Itza. In this case you pick Tikal 2. You therefore need to have the corn to pay for this first.
2. You now perform Tikal 2: you build a building, paying all its costs (except that, if you have Architecture 3, you pay one less one cube of your choice).
3. Now, the other Architecture levels kick in and you get the extra corn if you're on level 1, and points if you're on level 2.
4. Then you get the effects of the building itself (which may give you resources you can't use to help build it, or an Architecture advance that won't take effect for this building).

[Edit: corrected Architecture levels!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Faulkner
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary Duke wrote:

2. You now perform Tikal 2: you build a building, paying all its costs (except that, if you have Architecture 2, you pay one less one cube of your choice).
3. Now, the other Architecture levels kick in and you get the extra corn if you're on level 1, and points if you're on level 3.

Gary, from memory I think you are getting your Architecture level 2 and 3 benefits mixed up. As an answer to the OP I agree on the underlying answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Just start by begging; then you will have the corn.
Of course you will have moderately annoyed one of the gods - no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimF wrote:
Gary Duke wrote:

2. You now perform Tikal 2: you build a building, paying all its costs (except that, if you have Architecture 2, you pay one less one cube of your choice).
3. Now, the other Architecture levels kick in and you get the extra corn if you're on level 1, and points if you're on level 3.

Gary, from memory I think you are getting your Architecture level 2 and 3 benefits mixed up. As an answer to the OP I agree on the underlying answer.

Thanks. That'll teach me to do something like that from memory without double-checking! Post corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Chester-Wallis
Australia
Mt lawley
WA
flag msg tools
I don't believe the original question was answered. What comes first - if I have the resources to build the Uxmal 5 building (the one that gives you Uxmal benefit), do you get the Architecture 1 benefit and then the building benefit (you have built the actual building so shouldn't you get the corn from Architure 1 technology?) then you can use your building benefit?

Sorry - it is answered, I think and the answer is yes I get the corn first then use it on the benefit of the building (I was using Tikal 2 to build it that building so didn't need corn prior).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.