Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son is 9 years old and his teacher is looking for a co-op game that teaches economic and financial concepts to his classroom. Do you have recommendations please? Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I don't have more information than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
I'm not aware of any co-ops that are distinctly economic games.

The vast majority of co-ops do emphasize the concepts of resource management and risk assessment - which are really important to understanding economics, but aren't distinct to economics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm far from being an expert, but I can't think of any co-op games that are economics driven either. The only thing I can think that might work is Lords of Vegas, but that's only if all the wheeling and dealing is done in such a way as to try to maximize everyone's points or something. That's obviously not the way the game is intended to be played, but it could, potentially, work.

Just make the goal to have highest total (all players together) at the end of the game. Nothing else comes to mind that is intended that way, but if you're willing to make it co-op by total, then Wealth of Nations would be another (and even better than Lords of Vegas, now that I think about it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamien Omen
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For Sale might work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Panic on Wall Street!

Not a co-op but there are two sides. Each side is fighting internally, meaning there are two winners.... and working with someone on the opposing side is the key to victory. Games take 30 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.