8 Posts

Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does Subject Card Have To Be Played To Be The Ripper? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the subject card have to be played for a person to end up Jack the Ripper? Or can enough evidence cards suffice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure of your question, but if subject means 'victim' then no. You can not play evidence cards until there is a victim in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomandJonna wrote:
Does the subject card have to be played for a person to end up Jack the Ripper? Or can enough evidence cards suffice?

The game has SUSPECT cards, Alibi, Victim, Scene and Evidence (and a few specials (Commissioner resigns and Ripper Resigns).

If you meant "Suspect Cards", then the glossary has this to say: "There does not need to be a Suspect card in play for that Suspect to be the Ripper."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I meant 'suspect' card, as opposed to subject card.

I think I posted a little too early this morning...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
The Suspect card does not have to be in play to be the Ripper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Does Suspect Card Have To Be Played To Be The Ripper?
Thank you, sir, for clarifying that.

My buddy wants to know how one can be considered a suspect if their suspect card has not been played.

We would appreciate your thoughts on that, sir. And thanks, again. We absolutely love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
TomandJonna wrote:
how one can be considered a suspect if their suspect card has not been played.

You need evidence against someone (evidence cards on the table) before you are allowed to bring the suspect in for questioning (play the suspect card to the table). He may say things that confirm the evidence against him but he was already under suspicion by Scotland Yard (a suspect) based on the evidence - before they brought him in.

At least that is one way to look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
PeterHendee wrote:
[q="TomandJonna"]how one can be considered a suspect if their suspect card has not been played.

The suspects NAME is literally all over the evidence. Open and shut case!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.