Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » General

Subject: Card count in the core set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Nilsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy of this game and thought I'd look up how many cards there are in the core set, so I know if I need to buy extra sleeves or not, but I can't seem to find any information about the card count anywhere. If anyone here happens to have the exact number memorized, or at least a rough count, I'd be very happy to know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rulebook there are 24 initiative cards, 5 terrain cards, 5 scenario cards, 1 special scenario card, and 12 deployment cards. The total is 47...but why would someone want to sleeve them is beyond me. The card quality is super high and you barely touch the cards during the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 3 of the rule book (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...) has a list of components.

12 deployment cards
5 terrain cards
5 scenario cards
1 special scenario card
24 command cards
--
47 total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Nilsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, RangerRob and Nushura!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sleeved mine. I used the ultra pro clear which are form fitting and allow both sides of art to show. Why sleeve? You obviously have never played with a "sticky fingers" at table or "drink condensation ring" guy who puts his iced drink on the table. Often MR Sticky Fingers isn't even playing, he just walks over, picks up some cards and says, "what's this?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.