Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite the 120 minutes noted on the box, we managed a three-player game last night in exactly 60 minutes. I'd played before, so there was 15 minutes of rules explanation to my two teenagers and off we went and exactly an hour later my oldest had built his third bomb and got to exactly 60 points (obviously we didn't interfere with each other via bombers or espionage as we might have). Have others wrapped up games that quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes. I find a willingness to focus on the game and take your turn promptly frequently makes games much shorter. Familiarity also speeds things. As does a good teaching technique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's pretty common. Minion Games doesn't under estimate their time to play suggestions. So good players can usually beat them regularly.

It also helps if the next player starts their turn while the other player is finishing up their personal board.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
Yes. I find a willingness to focus on the game and take your turn promptly frequently makes games much shorter.

Wow - so that's the secret - great - I'll try that! But wait - I do that already - what can I do about the other 2/3/4/5 players in my games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.