Lewis & Clark» Forums » General

Subject: Good job with the 2nd printing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Coordes
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously this is meant to be an answer to another quite popular thread on this game. To be honest, while thinking of course the OPs right in being upset with the condition of his game and he of course has got the right to ask for replacements, it feels a little unfair to me that the thread title gives the impression of the whole printrun being sloppy.

I would like to take the opportunity here to say that I have gotten a perfectly good game with perfectly good components and I can not complain about any parts of the game being any worse than most of my other recent purchases.
Because the forementioned thread made me curious I took a quick look at my latest purchases and some Alea and Hans im Glück games and I can not say that I can find any major differences, at least qualitywise.
Also I have to admit, I am a great fan of the cards. I just love how the feel and I dont think I will sleeve them at all
All in all I am quite satisfied with what I have reveived and from my experience it seems unlikely that the whole printrun is sloppy while a few of us somehow received what I think is good value for a good price.

With best regards

Insa

Just to make sure, this does not mean that bad components should not be replaced by the publisher! That even includes scratches on the nonsignificant backsides for me, since I not only like to play my games, I also enjoy my games as little pieces of art as a whole. And especially this one has such a lovely artwork and feel to it, that any damage done would bother me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, mine is completely fine. I do think that the one fold that's on the board has the potential to tear eventually. People will want to be careful of that. But the materials and construction are no different than any other game I have.

I took some pictures of mine but have had trouble getting them uploaded. I'll post them here and in the other thread when I get them up. I shot the cards, the bad fold, and the board thickness, including some comparing them to my other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this, I was getting a little leery of purchasing the 2nd edition...

(Oh and also technically it's the 2nd edition, not the 2nd printing, since there can be multiple printings within a given edition.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen the initial print run of this game so can't compare the second edition to that one, however the quality of the components is certainly not bad at all compared to most other recent games released in this price range.

Game board: Is definitely relatively cheap and made of light weight cardboard but is nicely finished and put together well. Folds flat (for now at least) and looks good on the table.

Other cardboard bits: Again, nothing wrong here. Nice and thick, nice linen finish.

Wood bits: Some of my hexes are oddly shaped but the finish and paint on all is very nicely done. Nothing really bad here either.

Cards: The cards are actually pretty nice. Yes, they are pretty thin but more importantly they have a nice linen finish with a nice coating that will resist wear. I'm not planning on sleeving mine as they seem to be of a pretty decent quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Byers
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree all around. Received my copy from online store in Canada. No issues with the components at all. The cards were a bit warped in the shrink wrap, but once opened they settled nicely. The cards have a very nice feel to them. The meeples and wood bits have a great look to them. My board is free from blemishes and the backs of the player boards do not show any signs of distress.

Very happy with the quality at this price point, and the gameplay makes it a must have IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
I took some pictures of mine but have had trouble getting them uploaded. I'll post them here and in the other thread when I get them up. I shot the cards, the bad fold, and the board thickness, including some comparing them to my other games.

FYI: If it's geekmod slowing you down you can always post in your personal gallery. There is no moderation there. One way to upload images is to click the 'Upload new geek image' icon when making a post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
insaneplatypus wrote:
Just to make sure, this does not mean that bad components should not be replaced by the publisher! That even includes scratches on the nonsignificant backsides for me, since I not only like to play my games, I also enjoy my games as little pieces of art as a whole. And especially this one has such a lovely artwork and feel to it, that any damage done would bother me as well.

Well, so far no word from the publisher about replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Krebbeks
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today and I have to say that I was worried about opening it after some of the complaints I've seen here on BGG.

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everything looks.

The board doesn't appear to be the most robust I've seen, however I treat my games with care and don't see this being a problem for me.

All other components are of good quality. The cards remind me of those from Lords of Waterdeep, but a touch thinner.

In all, I'm pleased and cannot wait to get this to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Conesus_Kid wrote:
My copy arrived today and I have to say that I was worried about opening it after some of the complaints I've seen here on BGG.

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everything looks.

The board doesn't appear to be the most robust I've seen, however I treat my games with care and don't see this being a problem for me.

All other components are of good quality. The cards remind me of those from Lords of Waterdeep, but a touch thinner.

In all, I'm pleased and cannot wait to get this to the table.

Well, now, back on the list. Combined with my FLGS selling lots and having heard not one complaint yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see my pictures of possible problem areas here. As I said elsewhere, the only thing that concerns me is the one of the three seams that is on the board itself. The previous edition had reports of ripping, and I can see that's a possibility still. I'll handle it carefully, but it will still be 100% playable even if the worst should happen. Nothing else here seems to be of any lower quality than any of my other games in this price range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Mighty
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to see some pictures of the quality components people have received.

Glad you are happy with yours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the meeple and resource pieces, with a Lewis and Clark nickel for scale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
You can see my pictures of possible problem areas here. As I said elsewhere, the only thing that concerns me is the one of the three seams that is on the board itself. The previous edition had reports of ripping, and I can see that's a possibility still. I'll handle it carefully, but it will still be 100% playable even if the worst should happen. Nothing else here seems to be of any lower quality than any of my other games in this price range.

Do you know how easily the board for Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar can tear? So much so that I cut my replacement board so I wouldn't have to worry about it tearing in a worse way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unpacked my copy this morning. All components in good order.

Slight warping of card deck but I flexed the deck and the cards settled flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPBTooL wrote:
CSerpent wrote:

Do you know how easily the board for Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar can tear? So much so that I cut my replacement board so I wouldn't have to worry about it tearing in a worse way.

Did that work out alright? I've been considering that.

I saw your post in the other thread, and I hope it's clear that I have no problem with the parts. I'm only concerned about the seam because of posts about the previous edition ripping. I posted my pictures in the other thread without comment, to let people compare for themselves and show that most of the perceived "problems" are actually quite normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Laster
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
Got my copy on Monday. I wasn't too worried about the quality, the perks of being an optimist!

And, it paid off. Everything is in very nice condition. Sleeved my cards, set everything up, and played my first solo game.

This game ruuules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Moratti
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

+1 Opened mine today (2nd printing) and have no complaints at all. A very nicely produced game (at least my copy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaleHorse wrote:

+1 Opened mine today (2nd printing) and have no complaints at all. A very nicely produced game (at least my copy).

Got mine yesterday. I opened it up right when I got home and made my kids wait for dinner because I was so curious about the quality.

The game is in fantastic shape and looks great. I'm very pleased.

My kids? Not so much. The extra five minutes nearly starved them! (according to them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Looks like you should teach your kids the importance of priorities in life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aberdonian wrote:
Unpacked my copy this morning. All components in good order.

Slight warping of card deck but I flexed the deck and the cards settled flat.

Ditto for me as well! I thought the quality was good considering the price point. Do think the publisher should talk with the factory though about the warped cards and the stinky smelling and damp looking cardboard. I was pleasantly surprised that the board and cards had a light linen finish. Wish the cards were a bit thicker but I just sleeved them. Artwork is amazingly good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another anecdotal report of a game that arrived with everything in great shape. Some flex to the cards, which is going away with shuffling. Otherwise it's a good deal at this price point (despite the gargantuan box relative to the components).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I'm staying away from Ludonaute because I've heard they have bad customer service so I ordered Heidelberger version from Germany. It was in nice shape,no complaints, even though I think the bigger board was cooler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy from Cool Stuff today. Everything was in great shape. I have absolutely no complaints. As previously mentioned, there's a bit of a bow to the cards, but that will go away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
The Beatles Live at the BBC
mbmbmbmbmb
just to echo the above
received my copy today and everything is in good order
if i was really being pedantic the arm on the blue scout meeple
is slightly smaller,but great job ludonaute
very pleased with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this hasn't any ting to do with 2bd printing, but i have the first printing and my copy was in perfect state, the cards maybe are a bit thin but it doesn't bother me at all. I recommend to buy the stickers from BGG for the recources it's worth the 5 bucks.

Here is a foto of my copy

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1889214/lewis-clark?size=larg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.