United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right at the epicenter of the 5.1 earthquake that occured Friday. We just had another 2.8 aftershock. Not fun...

I was here for the larger Whittier quake years ago and it felt nothing like the recent quake or the last series of aftershocks... The Whittier quake was more of a gentle rolling/shaking motion, that 5.1 and the following aftershocks feel like bombs going off underneath my home, REALLY violent. There's no build up or anything, it just feels like a giant ran up and kicked our home.

This is kind of freaking me out... I've lived with earthquakes my entire life, this doesn't feel normal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Boogalou wrote:
I'm right at the epicenter of the 5.1 earthquake that occured Friday. We just had another 2.8 aftershock. Not fun...

I was here for the larger Whittier quake years ago and it felt nothing like the recent quake or the last series of aftershocks... The Whittier quake was more of a gentle rolling/shaking motion, that 5.1 and the following aftershocks feel like bombs going off underneath my home, REALLY violent. There's no build up or anything, it just feels like a giant ran up and kicked our home.

This is kind of freaking me out... I've lived with earthquakes my entire life, this doesn't feel normal

I'm up near SF, so I've felt some earthquakes (not recently). I found this article in the LA Times... that fault seems like bad news and they only discovered it in 1999.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.