Andrei Ilies
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played the base game many times and it is a lot of fun! I've acquired this expansion a few months ago, but never actually got around to trying it. I'm pondering giving it a try in the near future, but I'm not sure how to handle the Cursed Wolf-Father role. I am usually the moderator for my groups and we play the game sitting around a table with food, drinks and whatnot.

If I understood correctly, this character has the ability to, once per game, "curse" the wolves' victim so that, instead of dying, that person joins the wolves' side while also keeping their special power (if any). Quite interesting! However, the moderator needs to let that player know that they are now a wolf. The rules suggest to tap that person's shoulder, but, in my situation, this is not possible because there is almost no space left around the table to be able to walk around it

This issue arises with other roles as well, like Cupid or Piper. For Cupid, my solution is to just wake all players one at a time and just nod if they are one of the lovers or shake my head if they are not. This works fine since we need to do it just once per game and it is really not that time consuming. For the Piper, the same solution could be used. Every night, after the Piper goes to sleep, just wake every player in turn and let them know if they are charmed or not. This is not very efficient as everyone needs to be woken up each and every night (until the piper is out of the game), but it's the best that I could come up with.

What other solutions are there? I would very much like to play with this role so any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaye T
msg tools
Interesting question. We solved this issue by sitting in a circle, and having the narrator stand in the middle, slowly turning as he/she talked/tapped folks, so that it wasn't obvious when he was tapping or just talking. (Our favorite narrator is BOSS, btw. Just a note.)

Perhaps you could use a long stick (I'm thinking of something like a cat toy) to gently poke folks? Depends on how long your arms are and how accurate your gentle poking. Would that work, do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.