Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any details floating around about what it will add.. I mean, besides just "a port" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Floating" pun intended
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

What's with all this alcoholism? The previous expansion brought beer to the village. Now it's port.

What next, Village Vodka?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something here?
This looks like a replacement of the traveling section of the board. So, it is more a replacement than an expansion. Not sure if I really want this, other than to have a choice between travel on land or by sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
Am I missing something here?
This looks like a replacement of the traveling section of the board. So, it is more a replacement than an expansion. Not sure if I really want this, other than to have a choice between travel on land or by sea.

True, it does cover the hinterlands on the original map. Still, I suspect it will add more than it takes away (the traveling activity was a bit simplistic). It seems to be offering the original play experience, but with some added twists -- namely what is in this blurb:

"Hire captains, sell domestic goods, and pick up foreign commodities. Send family members as missionaries to far away islands and dig up treasure chests. In addition, this expansion includes life goal cards that let you pursue your very own career, such as becoming a writer, a historian, or even a knight."

I'm curious. Village and Inn were the first duds that came to my table. Maybe Port will help make them palatable (I find them decent enough, but my girlfriend -- whom originally discovered the game and encouraged its purchase -- found it bland).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo G.F.
Uruguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an expansion. After playing with it you realize it is a PATCH I cant imagine going back to play the game without it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.