Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I must confess that I took the easy way out. I asked a guy called Richard to paint my ships. He offered his services at a local internet market. Seems a bit pricey, but I had a look around how much it would cost to buy a set of paints, primers, washes, tools, and so on, and then the difference in cost was much less. There is still quite a difference in price, but that pays for the more extended range of colours that he has, compared to what I would have bought, his experience with miniature painting and the time that I don't have to invest now.

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures of his ships up here. They were of good use in deciding how I wanted my miniatures painted and in the communication with Richard.

The ships will be finished in a few weeks time. I'll post pictures when I have them back again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious. Do post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
COAT Christophe
France
Plouvorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
I am curious. Do post

--> Same here !

(can you also tell how much that costs you ?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very much looking forward to seeing them.

I was thinking of paying someone to do mine, and had the same thoughts you did re: price, time, skill, etc.

My decision to paint them myself had more to do with the subzero temperatures, needing a project to distract me, and because I thought it would be easier than it was. Otherwise, I'd probably have paid someone to do it.

Now that I have the supplies, though, I'm positively aching for news of Ship Pack Two!

Can't wait to see your ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.