Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Can I use Maximal Effect to make multiple use of Temporal Portal?

The problem is that playing Temporal Portal counts as an action. Using it with Maximal Effect would mean multiple actions within one turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weisswurst wrote:

The problem is that playing Temporal Portal counts as an action. Using it with Maximal Effect would mean multiple actions within one turn?

I would argue the same: That playing Temporal Portal counts as your single action for the turn, so it can only take effect once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
weisswurst wrote:

I believe that Simon is correct. Temporal Portal counts as an action, and as you can only have one action per turn, you can only use its effect once. If this is wrong, someone can correct me, but this is always the way I've played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weisswurst wrote:

The answer is right in the rulebook. It is often wise to search in the electrical version first:

MK:LL rulebook, page 10 wrote:
If you play Maximal Effect with Temporal Portal, you cannot use its basic or stronger effect more than once, as it counts as your action and you can do only one action per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.