Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Kit "Ross" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking with paintbrush that Kit could see a nice boost.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)


Total Cards: (45)

Event: (18)
Diesel (Core) x3
Escher (Creation and Control) x3
Modded (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
Tinkering (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3

Hardware: (17)
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x3
Lockpick (Opening Moves) x3
Omni-drive (Creation and Control) x3
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x3
The Personal Touch (Core) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2

Program: (7)
Gordian Blade (Core) x1
Magnum Opus (Core) x1
Omega (Fear and Loathing) x1
Paintbrush (Double Time) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3

Resource: (3)
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 0
Criminal: 0
Shaper: 102


I was looking at doing something like the above.
The first ICE that kit encounters gains the code gate descriptor. With Paintbrush we can make the second piece of ICE encountered also gain the code gate descriptor. This means that we can use Gordian Blade to smash through 2 ICE since it retains its strength for the run. Escher will let us rearrange the ICE so that we can better align then to make straight code gate paths to R&D and then dig deeper. Omega lets us break a 3rd piece of ice if needed. 4 deep ice gets tricky. Tinkering should help with getting past the extra ICE until we can Escher in another code gate.

The Omni drives lets us move out Gordian and/or omega so we can have paintbrush and Magnum Opus. (Same with the mem chips) The personal Touches + Lockpicks Aid with bumping up Gordian to break on through to the other side.

SMC + Test run will let us tutor in what we need.



-On the down side there are 6 MU worth of programs to have everything up and running.
-Paintbrush burns an extra click to make a run each turn.
-Breaking through 3 or 4 deep ice can get tricky.
-Paintbrush can only be used on rezed ice. May mean finding out the hard way what ice is lurking.



Other thoughts:
-1 Escher
+1 Yog.0

This lets us spend 0 credits to break all the code gate subroutines. The down side is that it requires 1 more MU. With the 3 omnidrives and akamatshu chips it may not be a huge deal but...



-Diesel x3
+Quality Time x3

I went with Diesel since they have a 0 cost to play. Not sure if Quality time may be a better choice to dig deeper faster.



Where to fit in a Levy AR labs...


Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Neufeld
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This deck will soon discover the key flaw of Paintbrush (it only works on rezzed Ice) in the worst way. Put a Destroyer as the second piece of Ice on a server and leave it unrezzed until you can get a third piece on there: a ticking timebomb for your rig.

Your deck is set up to generate and save a lot of money (Lockpick, Omni Drive, Magnum Opus, Personal Touch). But Kit usually can't benefit from doing more than one run / turn because of her ability. I'd either cut some of that drip economy in favor of aggro tricks (Inside Job) or else I'd put in something that can take advantage of all that extra wealth to stall the Corporation.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Eschers is excessive. Rarely do you need more than one per game, and you don't need to draw it that early. IMO try two, and maybe even cut down to one.

I like the Lockpicks if you're not using Yog.0.

I like the Omni-drive (they can host Omega; Dinosaurus can't). Three Omni-drive and three Akamatsu Mem Chip seems excessive though.

Consider 1x Inti - Wraparound will be super taxing if you don't have it, and Inti is a nice cheap way to get through Ice Walls.

Consider 1x Torch - costs 5 more up front over Gordian (which is definitely a drawback) but you will save on strength boosts very quickly.

Consider Scavenge - combo with Test Run, also can be used to move stuff onto an Omni-drive that shows up late.

Consider Sharpshooter - "get out of jail free" card vs destroyers.

Influence: Parasite + Datasucker are always good. Or you can surprise people with Account Siphons. devil

Consider a couple Clone Chip - help you recover from destroyers, help you set up faster with Self-Modifying Code, great with Parasites, etc.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good suggestions all around. Thank you for the input!

It also occurs to me that forged activation orders may work well here as well.

I am thinking
-Lockpick x3
+Yog.0 x1 (1 influence anarch)
+Init x1
+Sharpshooter x1

(we can always tutor for what we need)

And then
-Escher x2
+Account Siphon x2 (4 influence criminal, 8 inf. total)

That should be 9/10 influence.


I think it is time to assemble and get in some plays and see how things work.



*Ross is a reference to Bob Ross who was a painter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kincaid
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
ProphetOfCod wrote:
This deck will soon discover the key flaw of Paintbrush (it only works on rezzed Ice) in the worst way. Put a Destroyer as the second piece of Ice on a server and leave it unrezzed until you can get a third piece on there: a ticking timebomb for your rig.

Your deck is set up to generate and save a lot of money (Lockpick, Omni Drive, Magnum Opus, Personal Touch). But Kit usually can't benefit from doing more than one run / turn because of her ability. I'd either cut some of that drip economy in favor of aggro tricks (Inside Job) or else I'd put in something that can take advantage of all that extra wealth to stall the Corporation.


y'know what's funny about that ? False Echo debunks this strategy. A card that no one thought to be good is actually playable in this deck.

I'd also consider vamp in that deck , considering you have a lot of money to pull from.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good discussion. Just want to sully it by saying I have been thinking False Echo would be nice for Kit, in a recursion type deck with (maybe) blackmail and stuff like Cresensus.

I found False Echo, in a Reina ice tax type deck, to be underwhelming, even though I would run over plenty of unrezzed ice. Not sure if that base underwhelm is going to be much improved, regardless of archetype. Haven't tried it again, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, Paintbrush decks cannot work well without recurred FAO or some sort of expose/rez combo like Blackguard and Snitch/Infiltration etc. You just need a way to get those ice rezzed all the time, otherwise the investment in Paintbrush doesn't make sense. Yes, Sharpshooter is a great pick to escape that Grim/Archer, but it still doesn't guarantee access later (unless you want to clone chip it all the way).

Still, I believe this is just too gimmicky. It's hard to use Indexing in this situation (click heavy) and one run per turn might be just not enough, even considering some R&D interfaces on the table. And, seeing Kit across the table, it's just too easy to barricade R&D. Dunno...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
IMHO, Paintbrush decks cannot work well without recurred FAO or some sort of expose/rez combo like Blackguard and Snitch/Infiltration etc. You just need a way to get those ice rezzed all the time, otherwise the investment in Paintbrush doesn't make sense. Yes, Sharpshooter is a great pick to escape that Grim/Archer, but it still doesn't guarantee access later (unless you want to clone chip it all the way).

Still, I believe this is just too gimmicky. It's hard to use Indexing in this situation (click heavy) and one run per turn might be just not enough, even considering some R&D interfaces on the table. And, seeing Kit across the table, it's just too easy to barricade R&D. Dunno...


I was running a Dinostar deck last night in Kate using paintbrush and Morningstar/Dinosaurus. I had a similar problem in that I was afraid to run on unrezzed ICE (running into a Flare was pretty rough!).

I *used* to run a Kit deck based around Torch and Omega, and that worked quite well. Escher was good in that deck, though I think normally 2 or even 1 will do the trick. I love Omega actually, knowing you'll always be able to break into a 2 ICE server (with enough money!) was brilliant. And also, YMMV *of course* but in maybe 10 games with it I never once actually played a Personal Touch.

I have to agree with the above; with Paintbrush, I was really thinking I need some way to force the rez of ICE, so I've tweaked the deck with some FAO (only 2 inf). I also decided to stick with Kate and add in Yog.0 as well as the tinkering... If my opponent is playing the long game, I can sit back and wait to get Dinostar going, if they're trying to rush I can instead bring out the Yogosaur. Not all my own thinking, a guy at my FLGS gave me a good few pointers, but I'm going to give it a whirl next time I'm down.

Also have to agree about the Indexing; ideally, you'll see a couple of agendas and run again to grab them, that doesn't sit well at all with Paintbrush. RDI and Makers Eye I think are better calls.

EDIT: Also, I'll second the calls for False Echo! If nothing else, it's a card no-one really plays which ALWAYS throws players off their game. And it's another card which messes with the order of ICE, always good in Kit... Have they got a code gate on the outside of a server to burn up Kit's ability? Send that inner ICE back to their hand so they need to replay it on the outside!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unitled wrote:

I *used* to run a Kit deck based around Torch and Omega, and that worked quite well. Escher was good in that deck, though I think normally 2 or even 1 will do the trick. I love Omega actually, knowing you'll always be able to break into a 2 ICE server (with enough money!) was brilliant. And also, YMMV *of course* but in maybe 10 games with it I never once actually played a Personal Touch


What was the plan to bring them out? Plain install for hard earned money? Testrun/Scavenge? SMC during Stimhack? Retrieval Run? What was the plan for 2+ ice? I was trying a deck based on this core idea, but it failed horribly in my meta, even with recurring parasites. It's just remarkably easy for an opponent to throw a wrench into your setup by installing supercheap ice as outermost, and it's not that hard in mid game. And there's little chance you will get them out in early game and start to threat indexing/maker's eye/siphon and whatnot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yog.0 is really sweet in the deck.
With all of the lockpicks and personal touches to boost Gordian blade you can walk past multiple STR 6-7 ice without spending a credit. (when you paintbrush the next ice)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
unitled wrote:

I *used* to run a Kit deck based around Torch and Omega, and that worked quite well. Escher was good in that deck, though I think normally 2 or even 1 will do the trick. I love Omega actually, knowing you'll always be able to break into a 2 ICE server (with enough money!) was brilliant. And also, YMMV *of course* but in maybe 10 games with it I never once actually played a Personal Touch


What was the plan to bring them out? Plain install for hard earned money? Testrun/Scavenge? SMC during Stimhack? Retrieval Run? What was the plan for 2+ ice? I was trying a deck based on this core idea, but it failed horribly in my meta, even with recurring parasites. It's just remarkably easy for an opponent to throw a wrench into your setup by installing supercheap ice as outermost, and it's not that hard in mid game. And there's little chance you will get them out in early game and start to threat indexing/maker's eye/siphon and whatnot.


Mainly test run/scavenge and lots of economy cards. Femme helped with 3 ICE servers too. When it was set up it was quite efficient though... Like I say, I used to run it with limited success! Tinkering and Escher really help give you more flexibility. It could, of course, be that it was the novelty factor of people not quite knowing how to throw the wrench in the works!

As I mentioned, what got me with Paintbrush is the need to have the ICE rezzed AND the fact it's 2MU AND it's click intensive. As such, I think clickless economy works well, Daily Casts, and possibly Dirty Laundry? You know you'll be able to get in, might as well get some money too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pablo Socorro
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing a deck kinda similar to his one the last couple of days. I'll post my version first.

Kit The Painter

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (9)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Tinkering (Core Set)

Hardware (11)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x The Personal Touch (Core Set)

Resource (15)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Ice Carver (Core Set) ••••• •
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Pipeline (Core Set)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (4)
1x Paintbrush (Double Time)
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

10 influence spent (max 10)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.


Y played it on OCTGN like 20 times and won like 15 times although decklist have been changin a lot game to game. This last version it has been working pretty good actually except against Jinteki: Replicating Perfection wich his Identity pretty much negates Kit's. Still always managed to score at least 4 agenda points.

I never had my programs trashed. I run naked at first and then dig for Dino and Yog. Everytime I managed to install both cards I felt pretty much done. Half the games I didn't even use Paintbrush nor Tinkering. Most of the times i just stall a lot of things on Personal Workshop and I don't run much until I have 3 breakers or tutors for them wich is not that hard as a Shaper.

I had a really hard time with an 'All Tag NBN' deck. Half my deck is trashable if tagged.

I would love to know how do u feel about my version.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with Dinosaurus and Yog.0, Scavange is a brilliant card... You can use it for Heap recursion OR you can use it to move your breaker onto Dino if you've played the program first... This means you're not holding onto your breaker waiting for Dino to show up

Also, puzzled by why you've got Atman in there? You don't have anything that can manipulate your opponent's ICE strength... Is it just for sniping a particular troublesome piece of ICE?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1x Test Run and 2x SMC - I'm sorry, I just can't see how you could possibly bring your essential tools to the table before the corp wins. There's not enough draw power and if you plan to just dig your deck through Pro Contacts, you probably want them in opening hand, so make it three. Can you describe how an usual game progresses?


Still, it feels like a deck with an idea, but I'm afraid, it's just too slow. With the dominance of Wraparound these days, Yog is useless as first-contact breaker, and once you get second layer of ICE, it's even worse, if you already have it installed. You need to dig for that Sharpshooter and if it's Grim (also wildly popular), you not only have to dig for another sentry breaker, but it still costs an arm and a leg to get pass through it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.