Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard coveney
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1. When you set up the game, the rules say to put 2 merchandise tiles on the markets, although there is 3 spots. In the next rounds, markets are filled with 3 tiles. Is it a misprint?

2. If I understand the rules correctly, all the boat tiles are discarded after EACH turn, even if they are empty. Is that so? In the game we played, we could not last 12-15 turns with the 20 boat tiles.
Is it that ONLY boats that moved have their tile discarded?

Thanks.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mb
Hi Richard,

1. I don't know if it's a misprint, but I'd be surprised if it was. Perhaps it's just to ease the players in to buying the merchandise tiles gradually at the start of the game...

2. Not quite:

a) If any boat is full (i.e. there are merchants on the 1 or 2 spaces on it) it will sail to Felinia.

b) If multiple boats are full, they will all sail, in the order of their departure times.

c) If no boat is full, the one with the earliest departure time will sail anyway.

Once a boat has sailed and all/any merchants on it have disembarked, its boat tile is discarded. Only the tiles from boats which sailed are discarded; those boats which did not sail keep their tiles.

(This changes in the last turn of the game, in which all boats sail, but the rules under "Game End" cover that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard coveney
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark for the clarification. In short, any boat with a merchant will sail to Felinia...
Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montcalm44 wrote:
Thanks Mark for the clarification. In short, any boat with a merchant will sail to Felinia...
Richard

A boat that is not full (two spaces, but only one merchant) will not sail, unless it also happens to have the earliest departure time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mb
Magentawolf wrote:
montcalm44 wrote:
Richard

A boat that is not full (two spaces, but only one merchant) will not sail, unless it also happens to have the earliest departure time.

Yes, correct. Sorry I didn't make that clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.