Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: What the actual f*ck?! (spoilers for HIMYM ending) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What where the creators thinking?! This is a comedy show. Comedy.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
It shouldn't end with divorce, and it sure as hell shouldn't end with the death of the character who's in the bloody title of the show. It should have a cliche ending where everyone is living happily ever after.
I really hope it's an april's fool joke, but even if it isn't, the creators should take to heart the outrage of the internet (and most of the internet is outraged) and make a new ending.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not like it's the first comedy to ever have a non-comedic ending. Refer to Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, et al.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Not like it's the first comedy to ever have a non-comedic ending. Refer to Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, et al.


M*A*S*H started as a comedy, but ended more fo a dramedy. Seinfeld's ending was terrible.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
How I met your mother (finale spoilers in here)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
What where the creators thinking?! This is a comedy show. Comedy.

You mean the show where Marshall's dad dies, Robin finds out she can't have kids, Ted is left at the altar, Barney fights with the emotional torment of being abandoned by his father, Ted's parents get divorced without telling him, Marshall and Lily struggle to conceive, Lily leaves Marshall to pursue a painting career, etc.? That show?

Oh, and nobody reads threads any more.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
You mean the show where Marshall's dad dies, Robin finds out she can't have kids, Ted is left at the altar, Barney fights with the emotional torment of being abandoned by his father, Ted's parents get divorced without telling him, Marshall and Lily struggle to conceive, Lily leaves Marshall to pursue a painting career, etc.? That show?

Oh, and nobody reads threads any more.

All valid points, except that the show is called "How I Met Your Mother", not "How I Met Your Mother, Then Had You Guys, Then She Died, Then I could Finally Bang Your Aunt Robin."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Blott wrote:
You mean the show where Marshall's dad dies, Robin finds out she can't have kids, Ted is left at the altar, Barney fights with the emotional torment of being abandoned by his father, Ted's parents get divorced without telling him, Marshall and Lily struggle to conceive, Lily leaves Marshall to pursue a painting career, etc.? That show?

Oh, and nobody reads threads any more.

All valid points, except that the show is called "How I Met Your Mother", not "How I Met Your Mother, Then Had You Guys, Then She Died, Then I could Finally Bang Your Aunt Robin."

It also wasn't called "How I Met Your Aunt Robin, confessed my love for her, slept with a bunch of other women, licked the liberty bell, dated Robin for awhile, banged her some more after we broke up, got left at the altar, and did tons of other crap that has absolutely nothing to do with meeting your mother" but you went along for those rides didn't you?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
All valid points, except that the show is called "How I Met Your Mother", not "How I Met Your Mother, Then Had You Guys, Then She Died, Then I could Finally Bang Your Aunt Robin."


Are you in the habit of renaming shows so 75% of the title refers to the final 4 minutes?

"St. Elsewhere Is All In That Kid's Head"
"Seinfeld Is About Something"
"Cheers: Sorry, We're Closed"
"Newhart Sticks the Landing"
"Lost: Um, OK Then"
"Breaking Bad, and Then Popping Open the Trunk"


This is fun! I can see why you do it.
10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
Avatar
mbmbmb
erak wrote:


Are you in the habit of renaming shows so 75% of the title refers to the final 4 minutes?

"St. Elsewhere Is All In That Kid's Head"
"Seinfeld Is About Something"
"Cheers: Sorry, We're Closed"
"Newhart Sticks the Landing"
"Lost: Um, OK Then"
"Breaking Bad, and Then Popping Open the Trunk"


This is fun! I can see why you do it.



"Dexter:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
He's a Lumberjack and That's Okay!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
Avatar
kroen wrote:
What where the creators thinking?! This is a comedy show. Comedy.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
It shouldn't end with divorce, and it sure as hell shouldn't end with the death of the character who's in the bloody title of the show. It should have a cliche ending where everyone is living happily ever after.
I really hope it's an april's fool joke, but even if it isn't, the creators should take to heart the outrage of the internet (and most of the internet is outraged) and make a new ending.


I have not seen a full episode ever, and that was the ending I saw coming. I don't see why it surprised everyone.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.