Subject: Sleep during an Ambush for RtL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am involved in an encounter in which my party is ambushed. I check the rules for sleep to see if I can put on a different set of armor before or after I roll for sleep.

RtL pg31
Quote:
Sleep
A sleeping figure cannot spend movement points or attack. In addition, when attacked, a sleeping figure’s armor is ignored (treated as 0). A figure that suffers at least 1 wound discards all sleeping tokens. At the start of that figure’s turn, its owner may roll a number of black power dice equal to the number of sleep tokens on the figure. For each surge result rolled, he may remove one sleep token.

I have always played that if you failed your Sleep roll, your turn is over. You don't get to declare a dodge or even a rest. I am glad I re-read the rules though.

I had to read it again, but rules as written, I can change my items around, I can even declare an action like Ready and Dodge, or Ready and use -1 fatigue for Leadership and place a Guard on someone else. As long as I don't use movement points or attack it seems legal.

What are your thoughts? Is this right, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're on a roll for finding rules quirks lately. RAW, it does seem the hero still goes through proper phases even if the token ultimately only loses out on the portions of the turn that require movement and attacks.

That said I am going to continue to apparently houserule that a sleeping hero can't magically twist their body out of a suit of armor and slip into a cloak while having a sixth sense to reroll incoming hits from giant monsters while sleeping soundly.

That is ludicrous lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Deadsider wrote:
You're on a roll for finding rules quirks lately. RAW, it does seem the hero still goes through proper phases even if the token ultimately only loses out on the portions of the turn that require movement and attacks.

That said I am going to continue to apparently houserule that a sleeping hero can't magically twist their body out of a suit of armor and slip into a cloak while having a sixth sense to reroll incoming hits from giant monsters while sleeping soundly.

That is ludicrous lol.

I checked the rules for sleep, and I found that both of you are right, and that's a stupid rule. Not only can the hero dodge (which could be subconscious perhaps), he may, if a leader, give instructions to another player while asleep.
Even worse, given that Tahlia's special is a move of X squares, not a MP expenditure (e.g. mud doesn't slow her), she could place a guard order and walk while asleep !

Of course, most non-combat, non-move skills may be considered unconscious e.g. Sahla's or Red Scorpion's specials) or not needing any activity (e.g. Blessing : the mere sight of their leader, even asleep, makes the heroes stronger). But orders are something different.

It would have been better advised to say "a sleeping hero may not declare an action".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Merrimac wrote:
Even worse, given that Tahlia's special is a move of X squares, not a MP expenditure (e.g. mud doesn't slow her), she could place a guard order and walk while asleep !

You are wrong.
FAQ pg 27

Quote:
Q. “Hustle” Feat card: Does this card give three movement points or allow the hero to move three spaces?

A: Hustle should read “Play at the start of your turn. Your hero gains 3 extra Movement Points this turn.” Note that this change from “allowing to move X spaces” to “gain X movement points” also applies to all other similar wordings (e.g., Tahlia).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.