Hide
1 Posts

Time Pirates» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
With four of us remaining, we decieded to go for Alan Moon’s Time Pirates. Dan, William and I have played it before, but not Chester. Dan and William quite liked it the last time they played it, as did I.

My usual strategy in Time Pirates is to go for some of the smaller easier contracts, taking them away from the other players and forcing them to have to buy the bigger ones – which is basically what happened.

The first round went much longer than normal (almost to the last tile) before the final time cop made an appearance to end the round. After scoring the first round, Dan took the lead.

The second round was much more business as usual, with Dan holding the lead after the second round of scoring.

The third round was just the opposite of the first – the time cops came fast and furious. William got caught by one and before he had a chance to do much of anything, the round (and the game) was over.

Score:

*Dan* – 65
Chester – 59
William – 56
Rick – 53

A fairly close game, but, as in other games we’ve had of Time Pirates, the person who is able to grab the lead after the first round is pretty hard to catch up to and usually ends up winning. One interesting thing about the game was that I don’t remember anyone using any of the special power tiles. Strange.

Ratings:

Dan – 7
Chester – 7
William – 6
Rick – 6

William and I rated Time Pirates a little lower than usual. I know the William was frustrated at the arbitrariness of the time cop. If a player gets hit by the time cop, it’s a tough blow to recover from. I found the game a little too luck-driven and the difficulty of catching up with the leader put a damper on things. It is an enjoyable game, though, and I’d like to try it a few more times to get more into the strategic possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.